• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NameZero-?

Right... hence my previous post.

They prolly lost too much moola to continue. I guess their adframe didn't do much help.

There were probably way too many abusers hacking the banners. And if people didn't hack them, they probably used the domain for secondary purposes that made the domain not get many hits. This way, Namezero couldn't get enough cash because the domains that weren't hacked got next to no visitors. How can an ad-frame that pays 10 cents a click with about 3 visitors are month that don't click on them generate enough revenue for a $35 domain?

I got domainzero when they were still new and giving out free names, all tree domains I registerd still work and I havent gotten any news letters or any thing from them for a while, and I havent paid a thing. Glad I got my stuff when I did.

Originally posted by DemonKnight
I got domainzero when they were still new and giving out free names, all tree domains I registerd still work and I havent gotten any news letters or any thing from them for a while, and I havent paid a thing. Glad I got my stuff when I did.

You wait till your year is up ... then we see who is laughing.

At least DomainZero doesn't keep your domain for life and not let you have it until you pay $50. That's just lame! I want my domain back so badly, but NameZero is keeping the thing.

I think domainzero is going to charge you 15 dollors if you want to re-register it . Since their owned by E-Nom ... I would expect the price to be that since that's what e-nom charges for 1 year registration.

Originally posted by Nick
Isn't this the free webspace forum :confused:
Actually, it is. But since the thread has been here so long, it either somehow accidentally flew by the moderators or is allowed here. I'm confused to, so here's the smilie again: :confused: ;)

Originally posted by Nick
:scatches head:

Isn't this the free webspace forum :confused: [/B]
I just noticed that... *lol*

I'll add my smilie too.... :confused::confused:

Namezero sucks.

I think everyone (including me) thinks that all the people visit this forum only. Therefore, if they expected the question to be answered quickly, they post it here. It's sorta true though, since if this thread was in the Free Services or Domain Registration forum, it would have only got about 12 replies by now.

Namedemo

I heard that you don't need to put in your credit card #, but don't you also get it for free for only 1 year?

I believe that was a long time ago when they first started. They probably changed the service by now (along with requiring a credit card.) It may still be one year though, you never know until you read the Terms Of Service (which is usually longer than Tale of Two Cities.)

So, what's the deal with Namezero? They said they would discontinue my account on the 23rd of Feb and now that the date has passed, it is still active. Are they for real?

Back