• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NameZero-?

Hmm... They said that to me too. I think they were trying to get more subscribers to their pay service since they said that I could no longer use their free service. Oh wait, I just checked my email and found this:
This special offer will expire on February 28, 2001 - so, in order to take advantage of this, you must act now! As part of this special offer, we will extend the registration period of your domain to one-year from your upgrade date at no additional cost.
Well, that solves our problem ;)

Other...

Anyone know any other good free domain givers? (If you are against them, just don't say anything) Thanks.

The only companies that offer free domain names are NameZero, DomainZero, NameDemo, and EmeIsp. There are no others.

Originally posted by Coolin
The only companies that offer free domain names are NameZero, DomainZero, NameDemo, and EmeIsp. There are no others.

How can you be entirely sure about that. There could be one very tiny one that gets very few visits, but offers free domain names.

I doubt that. If any service is offering "free domains", then I'm positive the word will spread real quickly.

Maybe someone will come out with a good way to give them out free soon. I know if I could start one I would, but I am too young.

Originally posted by ace0
Maybe someone will come out with a good way to give them out free soon. I know if I could start one I would, but I am too young.
Bad business, IMO. You don't really gain much from giving out free domains, even if you do it the Namezero way. See how they've stopped their services too? And look at how all the other so-called free domain services have "died out" too...

In a nutshell, I don't think it's worth the trouble. But if you really start giving out free domains, there will be lots of happy people out there. One thing you can't prevent though... abusers. A lot of companies shut down because of them.

Namezero

How can they just quit like that without telling anybody? Now everyone has to pay to get the domains back,right? That is like a total lie!

Re: Namezero

Originally posted by ace0
How can they just quit like that without telling anybody? Now everyone has to pay to get the domains back,right? That is like a total lie!
That's business for you. People who want to keep their domain have to pay to keep it. My take? I say heck, I'm just gonna wait until they drop it and I will register it myself with a $10 domain registrar.

Re: Re: Namezero

Originally posted by Coolin
I say heck, I'm just gonna wait until they drop it and I will register it myself with a $10 domain registrar. [/B]
That's what I'm waiting to do also, but... Namezero might just get greedy and keep your domain. That's the thing that scares me most. I mean, what if they just decided to sell your domain? There may be little chance that they'll just drop it and stop paying the fee and let other people register it. :(

NameDemo.com

I am currently waiting for a namedemo site to drop out within less than a year now. I am wondering though. Will the site be dropped on it's marked expiration date, or am I preparing for a much longer wait after the expiration and doomed for eternity? If anybody has had their namedemo site expire at all please tell me how they work things out. Do they keep it for themselves after expiration or does the site actually get "dropped". This information will save me lots of worries 'cause I don't know too much on how these free domain registrations crap works. They should be avoided at all cost I think. Unless you plan to have just a stupid little crap site. That ain't the case for me though.

Originally posted by GRiN
So, what's the deal with Namezero? They said they would discontinue my account on the 23rd of Feb and now that the date has passed, it is still active. Are they for real?

I received the same mail (because I hided the ad-frame :eek:)

On 24/02/2001 I received a new mail, that said that I could steal upgrade my domanname until 28/02. Otherwise my domain would been deleted.
I did'nt change anything, and yesterday I received a new mail with a new dealine: 7 march.
I guess they can't delete your domainname because they registered it for a year, in a few day we will know I'll what they'll do ...

keep you in touch

Everyone who wants their domain back just hide their banner and email them with the following message.

----

HAHA! You stupid people don't know the power of my super elite banner hiacking skills! Look at this, you guys suck! Come on, I dare you. Delete me, I bet you can't! I'm just way to good for your stupid company!

----

Then sit back and watch the action. ;)

What good does that do?

You're trying to trick them into "deleting" your domain(s), so that you can register them yourself somewhere else, or what?

I thought about doing that once, but what if Namezero just decided to keep your domain and not release it? Then you would have lost your domain... forever! (okay, maybe it ain't that serious, but...)

Back