• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NEW: Free Webhost with Unlimited Space & Bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by NerdWarrior
wtf? 125k limit? are you nuts?
ah well, i don't think I have big files anyway, but can u increase that amount if we ask?
whats wrong with it? it will be nuts if there is a 80k limit like wigloo.

Originally posted by trenzterra
whats wrong with it? it will be nuts if there is a 80k limit like wigloo.
Good point. I'm not mad about it, my max file size is like 10k, cause I just do comics.
hey, no subdirectories?

Yes i can increase the filesize limit
The reason i put it there is to stop uploading of warez

I have a few mods i found around the internet
Just trying a few of them out so far all the good mods dont work

hmm the subdirectories were off by default in homefree
i have now enabled them :)
and i increased the max filesize to 500KB

if you supported cgi i could have put a picture gallery and topsite there but o well. i don't think u do.

Originally posted by HostUltra
hmm the subdirectories were off by default in homefree
i have now enabled them :)
and i increased the max filesize to 500KB

500k is more than enuf unless its for downloads and multimedia files

There's an initial space quota of 10 mb to prevent abuse. As for bandwidth, why limit it? So that you can annoy your visitors with a message stating that your host is too paranoid to allow transfer over X amount even though nobody else is using it and it probably wouldn't kill the host? Yes, the host may get slow if lots of sites transfer lots of data at once, but restricting actual data flow from a website per month even though there's (probably) lots of bandwidth to go around? A slow site can't be any worse than an unavailable site. Some sites are really busy, but most aren't - that's just the general nature of the internet, and a host shouldn't have to step on that!

Originally posted by allanh

it is an excellent suggestion!!

If you used your common sense, he doesn't want the IP range in China to be blocked. :rolleyes:

I actually think that abuse from China is becoming a minor problem, but it doesn't warrant blocking the sites. There are more cases of abuse from the US. Why don't I create a host and block all US IP ranges? Oh yeah, I forgot that Europeans and Australians also have a lot of abuse. Let me block them too. See...blocking countries just because of a few cases is STUPID, SILLY, and IGNORANT.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

I actually think that abuse from China is becoming a minor problem, but it doesn't warrant blocking the sites. There are more cases of abuse from the US. Why don't I create a host and block all US IP ranges? Oh yeah, I forgot that Europeans and Australians also have a lot of abuse. Let me block them too. See...blocking countries just because of a few cases is STUPID, SILLY, and IGNORANT.

yup... I'm with ya on that....

warez isn't limited to only China... plus, the number of Chinese websites offering warez has been reducing by quite a bit over the past few months and continues to drop...

I think its more to do with China sites bring in an audence that makes no advertising money. Most advertisers won't pay for Most of asia. Also I would point out that 80% of abuse I recive is from asia. I still don't block the IP's of the users. Long as the sites in english I don't mind.

As for these mods ultrahost any chance you telling me about them? Never seen a mod that edits homefree's original stuff..... drop me a note on ICQ 61117918..... .

Last edited:
This host sounds cool, but erm, one thing. Not much info being put up at the main page. Like what hostultra offers specificially(sp?).

========================================
Supplied By fow - Nullified By TNO
Distributed Via xCGI
========================================

I done a search for Nullified Homefree & it says it's a warez version. I have contacted solutionscripts.com about it to verify if this a purchased version or not.

This is my hacked version of HomeFree v3.24, which is
essentially the exact same version as what was recently
released as HomeFree v3.25 (the newer version was changed
to update links to their new website).

I'm not going to give the link out.

Home Free v3.24n ("Nullified" Version)

It's hacked/cracked/warez or whatever.

It's illegal.. a cracked version like a cracked vB to kill callhome commands.
Altho my [info] source isn't exactly 100% legal either, thus I can't post a link to info on it heh..

i agree

I totally agree to what conkermaniac wrote, blockin the IP is not a solution, well there are lot of other methods to prevent abuse
:cool2:

hmmmmmm

Unless your a real nice person and have money I think some things are going to sink you.

Adult will eat up bandwidth.Its not that most say 'no adult' for moral reasons but it eats up money.(unless they are your sites making money)

In addition without warnings you will be open to anybody under age 18 or ? to view adult.

Otherwise there must be a host of reasons most free places can't survive.

Personally I'm looking for free (!!!) places that support perl scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back