• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

novaservers.com ?

Re: Down? server pic?

Originally posted by novaservers
I have never had a complaint, Only questions about CGI.. And on average the reply is within an hour or so.

Just wondering, but what happens when youu have to go to school, or go out?

Also, (this might have been already asked) what connection speed do you have and how much allowed bandwidth?

tech

Well, school is unavoidable... But i have Programs and another computer monitoring the server, First it forces the server to restart getting the webserver up again, and then calls my cell that I see at school.

Regards,
Novaservers CEO
Jesse Angell

DAMN Ya'll. So far the only posts that have been posted under this topic are attacking the company or the owner. I've only seen 2 or 3 suggestions and the rest have been complaining and bitching. Ya'll need to quit that crap. Give him a break, he's trying to offer people a service and ya'll want to do is complain. Running a FWP isn't easy, you have to start somewhere. Give him a break.. just Chicken said.. he didn't come here looking for trouble, YOU GUYS BROUGHT HIM HERE to start trouble. And don't give me no crap about how you guys are trying to help him, you guys dis everyone who tries to open a fwp. If you dont have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

ok, not flaming here just stating the facts. This fwp as stated before is hosted on @home. Novaserver has avoided all questions of server bandwidth and connection speed. Its obvious to us. Is there plans to move this service to conection that can handle what you are giving?

10 thumbs up for Jesse

You should do something about the domainname, you're breaking the TOS of namezero !

Maybe you should put a limitation on your subscriptions, to make sure you can offer enough bandwidth.

Good luck Jesse

I signed up for an account there. It would be fine if if wasn't so sloooooooow. It took about a minute to load my page. A FREAKIN MINUTE! On other servers I've tried it loads in 1 or 2 seconds. But what you're doing is great Jesse, but you need the hardware if you want to support your service.

Re: the cool url

Read this nova boy!

Taken from the @home Acceptable Use Policy

You may not run a server in connection with the @Home residential service, nor may you provide network services to others via the @Home residential service. The @Home residential service includes personal Webspace accounts for publishing personal Web pages. Examples of prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, running servers for mail, http, ftp, irc, and dhcp, and multi-user interactive forums. For information about @Work products for commercial or network services purposes, including commercial-grade remote LAN access, please see http://work.home.net.

1 minute!??

I tried by upping a transfer and redownloading it, and it didn't seem that bad, in double figures.. more than can be said most of the time on Geocities.

Of course, you cannot really run a huge service on your @home cable connection.. my cable provider caps our upstream at 128k to prevent abuse of service by running servers, although they do not prohibit running private servers.

Okay, I just tried it again(about an hour or so later) and it didn't take a minute to load my homepage. Now, after navigating around my site, It seems as though the speed varies quite a bit. And Jesse, maybe you should make sure you're not breaking any rules with your ISP and Namezero.com

Originally posted by Datablocks
When I first started Datablocks.net, everyone said I would fail! that I would only last a few months.. hehe

You got the slack you did because you came in here acting like a cocky little know-it-all snot (-:

Now you are in with the regs and see things from our viewpoint....right?

well.. novaservers is down.. i wonder if @home caught on or its just another service outage for @home, or what?

Back