• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

novaservers.com ?

Originally posted by Coolin
Originally posted by Nick
I remember when little kids played with Legos. Now they're builing PC based servers. What the ****'s up with that :confused:
Times change... We'll get 6 year olds making programs with C++ in a few years :) (or not).

We're close. I taught 11 year olds Java and C++ at a computer camp a couple of years ago :) They're better at it than I am now :)

novaservers down

I think Jesses little experiment went wrong, and we won't hear anything more from him.

Nice try, next time better luck Jesse ...

Originally posted by allanh
so, Jesse, will your webspace service be back up soon? Or all is lost forever?

Twenty bucks says it's lost forever ;).

no word from jesse.. i think his huge server fell on him this time.. hope hes ok?!?

Originally posted by evilhaze
no word from jesse.. i think his huge server fell on him this time.. hope hes ok?!?

Don't worry. The kid's probablly just getting the stitches for the cut from the server falling on him.

Or maybe the kid had to go to school and the server crashed while he was at school and he didn't want to mess with it anymore and just gave up...

hmmm

One of the person that I know got banned from @home for running a web hosting service.
Poor guy.

probably somebody told @home about his web site..

Is this an episode of South Park? (Who killed Jesse?) :)

When Jesse returns, I think some direction from the people who have 'been there and done that' would be helpful. Obviously there are a few problems, and if he wants to take his FWP to the next level (above just something for fun), he might appreciate a bit of helpful advice. I'm not sure if he's around still however?

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by programmer2k
One of the person that I know got banned from @home for running a web hosting service.

Those crooks! They'll do anything to rip you off! [/sarcasm]

Hard drives full/hack

Well everyone,
i am still alive!!!, I was in shock over the traffic my page got, I had hundreds and hundreds of signups over night.. I have a few hundred gig hard drive space total.. they were jammed pack over night.. On top of this, When i extended the drives a few more gig to continue hosting the current users and stop new signups.. Someone decided to take advantage of me offering CGI script access, they created a CGI script and formated the drives.. I am going to venture off into Palace hosting services, $5 a month (average price is $35) ,
Best Regards,
Jesse Angell
Novaservers CEo

Sorry, but if a cgi script can format your hard drives you're a f**king idiot and have no business offering hosting services, free or otherwise.

Re: Hard drives full/hack

Originally posted by novaservers
Someone decided to take advantage of me offering CGI script access, they created a CGI script and formated the drives..

Excuses. They're like body parts, everybody's got one.

Re: Hard drives full/hack

@home limits the upstream trasfer per month to 2GB and the fastest upload speed you can get is about 128kbps. How can you possibly host that number of sites on such a small connection? You do realise that you are violating @home's TOS so if your traffic grows any more they will notice and cancel your account.

[Edited by Koolguy on 01-09-2001 at 09:50 PM]

CGI to any webhosting company is an EXTREMeLY HIGH SECURITY RISK, A perl script can format a hard drive, I suggest you do your research : )

Regards,
Jesse

dude, what ''cgi'' script did he use??

you own teh comp and have access to it so tell us what cgi prog did this to you??

Erase the disk yes (if your server config is wacked) but it is not possible for perl to format the disk, there is no command or function that can do that.

Back