• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

novaservers.com ?

Don't let these guys put ya down. I could put the whole lot of them in a locked room with a key in the middle of the floor and they would all die because they were too busy fighting over who should use it. :)

Well, this is a good prospective to look at how secure windows is...

Jesse, I think you would be better off switching to linux/bsd as all hosts should, solaris if you can afford it. On linux or any UNIX derrived system, their is much tighter control over file ownership and permissions. This would make it allot harder for someone to ruin your server. Also providing PHP with safe_mode turned on instead of cgi can also provide much more security for your server. You will also be able to handle a much larger load then any windows server will be capable of. Apache on UN*X can handle up to 60,000,000 hits a day. Better check these figures with what IIS 4 or 5 could handle. Also, take a look at http://www.netcraft.net/security. Shows you how bad many windows servers are setup.

Also, you haven't mentioned much about your connection, besides it being an @home cablemodem. As many people wanred here, do not host off of it, they will kick you. Find some other connection.

--Jim
Aeolus Networks International

Originally posted by neon
I could put the whole lot of them in a locked room with a key in the middle of the floor and they would all die because they were too busy fighting over who should use it. :)

I'd win cause I'm a dirty fighter. I'd be wailing on people with my skateboard which has proved in the past to be not only a great mean of transportation and recreation, but a good weapon as well ;). Not to mention chics diggit.

stupid question

Will novaservers.com return, we could use some info Jesse ?

(btw I'll bet 50$ on NOT, the bets are opened!)

hell

hell i got 100 on it. if he does return though it could turn out to be interesting , see if he does switch os's and connections

Perhaps

Server might be reutring on Linux running Apache, with a commercial @Home connection, This is still on the drawing boards, but you never know

Originally posted by Nick
Originally posted by neon
I could put the whole lot of them in a locked room with a key in the middle of the floor and they would all die because they were too busy fighting over who should use it. :)

I'd win cause I'm a dirty fighter. I'd be wailing on people with my skateboard which has proved in the past to be not only a great mean of transportation and recreation, but a good weapon as well ;). Not to mention chics diggit.

HeHe *pets his skateboard* "good skateboard" LOL .. I know exactly what you mean Nick ...

thank you

thank oyu nova, i feel as though that would be much better. and more power to yah if oyu do return. oh and you might want to look into using pitbull software. i swear no hackers can get into it. we can debate over it all day but until the first person has hacked into it i won't believe anyone. oh and if you can go get 50,000 dollars. they have a contest running

Back