• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

REALLY GOOD shared hosting.

centroid

So far I've heard bad reviews/complaints about all the hosting companys i know.

1and1.com/hostgator.com/bluehost.com/hostmonster.com all seem to have problems so I don't know who to host with..

mediatemple seems good but they are a bit costly. I want a host that goes for $4-6 and offers a nice amount of space and BW.

Anyone know a good host that is somewhat well known. I like to go with a known hosting company so my site won't be gone in a week...

Thanks for any help.

ps: is namecheap.com a good registrar?

What do you consider "nice amount of space and BW."?

Namecheap are a very good registrar :)

Specify your space and bandwidth requirements. According to that you may be able to find a host which is best for your needs. There are no such things as a best host generally. Best host is that host which is best for you. By doing a good search you can find a few hosts which are having good reputation but they also may not have 100% good reviews.

This depends on your requirements. If you want hundreds and thousands of space and bandwidth for $4-$6, you will not get anything reliable.

It will be better for you to have realistic plans. Ask yourself, do you really need such large space and bandwidth?

Those thousands/unlimited space and bandwidth are just marketing gimmicks as you will most probably be suspended by the host even before you reach your limit for TOS abuse.

Besides, these host will cram lots of accounts into a single server to maintain/increase profitability, resulting in slow/crashing/overloaded sites.

I think that you need to rename your request into space and bandwidth and put into the request section here and see who and what can offer you.

You are asking about those companies in every your post. Why don't do search and see what people say about them?

Namecheap is fine. About "bad reviews". You can find negative ones mostly for for overselling web hosts.

You will almost always find bad reviews on a web-host. Some people think that the host is bad if they don't get the support now, or if they can't host a file, or they just overall don't get what they want when they want it.

So, its really up to you and your own opinion on who to buy hosting from.

I think saying "nice bandwidth and space" means huge amount of these specs for lower price...

But this doesn't mean you do not need to know your requirements to have really good help!

Just so you know, even the best company in the world will still have its share of complainers/unsatisfied customers. So if you see a couple bad reviews, dont let that persuade you. As long as their are a good number of in favor reviews you will be ok

So far I've heard bad reviews/complaints about all the hosting companys i know.

1and1.com/hostgator.com/bluehost.com/hostmonster.com all seem to have problems so I don't know who to host with..

mediatemple seems good but they are a bit costly. I want a host that goes for $4-6 and offers a nice amount of space and BW.

Anyone know a good host that is somewhat well known. I like to go with a known hosting company so my site won't be gone in a week...

Thanks for any help.

ps: is namecheap.com a good registrar?

You are never going to hear of a hosting company that has no complaints. There is all ways some one who complains some because they did not read the TOS some because they don't get what they want when they want.

Myself I am a one man show. I run my hosting all on my own that way i know that my clients get the support and no confusion of speaking to different staff.

Try liquidweb.

Again, hosting is such a field where you are never going to see one host that satisfies all. Even rackspace has got some poor reviews!

For bigger hosts, obviously you will hear more reviews, both good and bad. The fact about customer review is that the 1% who has poor experience will be most vocal and sound like 50%. You have to be realsitic and checkout WHT for some genuine feedbacks.

Back