• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller Fraud Alert

AvailNetworks

Greetings
NLC
I just someone order or high level V reseller account and it turned up fraud. here is the ip address that was used to process the order

this was discovered by the ip tracing back to overseas when the order was from new york. Also when I looked at my authorize.net account there were 5 orders attempting to be placed with different charge card numbers and then finally one went through.

he tried to register koshost.org

this person used a coupon code available here and webhostingtalk.com so they are definately visiting us

there you go

% This is the RIPE Whois query server #1.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% Note: the default output of the RIPE Whois server
% is changed. Your tools may need to be adjusted. See
% http://www.ripe.net/db/news/abuse-proposal-20050331.html
% for more details.
%
% Rights restricted by copyright.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/copyright.html

% Note: This output has been filtered.
% To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag.

% Information related to '213.163.96.0 - 213.163.127.255'

inetnum: 213.163.96.0 - 213.163.127.255
org: ORG-Pdti1-RIPE
netname: YU-PTKOSOVO-20021015
descr: PROVIDER
descr: Posta dhe telekomi i Kosoves
admin-c: AR1018-RIPE
tech-c: FS1497-RIPE
mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
mnt-lower: PTK-MNT
mnt-routes: PTK-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

organisation: ORG-Pdti1-RIPE
org-name: Posta dhe telekomi i Kosoves
org-type: LIR
address: Dardania, p.n
address: 10000
address: Prishtine
address: CS
phone: +38138543060
fax-no: +38138543051
e-mail: fatos.shema@dardanet.net
admin-c: FS1497-RIPE
admin-c: AR1018-RIPE
mnt-ref: PTK-MNT
mnt-ref: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT
mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT

person: Agron Rrustemaj
address: PTK Dardania, Dardanet, UNMIK Kosova
phone: +377 44 220014
fax-no: +381 38 549 960
e-mail: Agron.Rrustemaj@dardanet.net
nic-hdl: AR1018-RIPE
mnt-by: PTK-MNT

person: Fatos Shema
address: PTK Dardania, Dardanet, UNMIK Kosova
phone: +381 38 543 060
fax-no: +381 38 543 051
e-mail: fatos.shema@dardanet.net
nic-hdl: FS1497-RIPE

% Information related to '213.163.96.0/19AS8661'

route: 213.163.96.0/19
descr: DardaNET
origin: AS8661

Thanks for the heads up, Ill add this to the black list, along with the others. Im thinking of starting a site, for us hosting companies, that can post what orders come in as frauds ect. witch will allow us some backbones so we know what to watch for, saving us all from chargebacks ect.

LSComputers said:
Thanks for the heads up, Ill add this to the black list, along with the others. Im thinking of starting a site, for us hosting companies, that can post what orders come in as frauds ect. witch will allow us some backbones so we know what to watch for, saving us all from chargebacks ect.
Oh, wow, that would help so much! We get a couple fraud orders per month through 2Checkout, and if they aren't fraud, they're just trying to get a place to send spam from. We could definitely contribute a few IPs. Most of them are from satellite providers.

Cool. That sounds great LSComputers!

I'm actully looking for sponsors for a search engine project. We need to get some money to purchase a decent server for the search engine to be on.

I have a few tricks up my sleves though. If I can get the sponsors I may just have a large act of good faith to some other people here and there ;)

Any back to the subject at hand. That would be a great idea making a Webhost Fraud BlackList for webhosts to know what IPs to disallow from. I know I'd support that!

gfun said:
Cool. That sounds great LSComputers!

I'm actully looking for sponsors for a search engine project. We need to get some money to purchase a decent server for the search engine to be on.

I have a few tricks up my sleves though. If I can get the sponsors I may just have a large act of good faith to some other people here and there ;)

Any back to the subject at hand. That would be a great idea making a Webhost Fraud BlackList for webhosts to know what IPs to disallow from. I know I'd support that!

For a start, a dedi is maybe an overkill btu I dont rule out that possibility in the long run.

We would need a site for registered (free of course) hosts but definitely not a search engine where Tom, ---- or Harry can query.

Again, we repeat our offer of space if someone can come up with the script.

LSComputers said:

I have a domain i purchase a while back for this reason and also had plans to have a api written to be added to any billing software that wanted to, to query the DB with users info. There are some legal issues surrounding this idea that might be a good idea to look into, But if you want i am willing to provide the domain and hosting for this project for free. The domain is hostingfraud.com

NetCafe said:
For a start, a dedi is maybe an overkill btu I dont rule out that possibility in the long run.

We would need a site for registered (free of course) hosts but definitely not a search engine where Tom, ---- or Harry can query.

Again, we repeat our offer of space if someone can come up with the script.

I wasn't suggesting that we use a search engine for this. I was merely babbling on like usual. We’d need the registration to be admin approved too otherwise people could just say “Yes I’m a webhost look at me…”.

ihostdev said:
I have a domain i purchase a while back for this reason and also had plans to have a api written to be added to any billing software that wanted to, to query the DB with users info. There are some legal issues surrounding this idea that might be a good idea to look into, But if you want i am willing to provide the domain and hosting for this project for free. The domain is hostingfraud.com

Man that’s really generous! I offer my services as an experienced php Coder for FREE to this project!

So that's the hard part in webhosting. From time to time you have to deal with frauds.
Hope you won't give up guys.

ihostdev said:

If you are ready to proceed since another has offered coding sdupport, just PM me wi the domain name when ready and we can set you up with the space you require.

Since I am really tied down, would appreciate if you can lias with the "coder".

well Basicly to start im was just going to get some sort of forum board, or something, like that that would be used to post the information in, until things seemed like it was worth the cost of a few hundred dollars to get a nice site, and program information.

Regarding legal information,
Iv already looked into it, as long as I claim on my site anways that any fraud orders information will be posted online with the details of the orders. Then its legal, as its a way of catching these punks. Our local police station said it wouldnt be illegal for the site to go up, so I know us canadians are okay. If you guys are really interested. Ihostdev, I can get you hosting, for the domain, if you want to work with me on this project. If not i was going to get a domain such as 911-hosting or something like that. seemed like an good idea ;).

You can reach me on my contact informaiton, via my sig.

EDIT: To kick this off, and see how it goes, im currently using a sub-domain on one of our domains http://911-hosting.lakeshoreservices.net will point you to the forum board. witch is what Im going to start off with. Im building it right now, feel free to join the community but give me a little while to build the forums. If all goes well, we will develop an full online site, and Ill get a domain for the site for sure.

Last edited:
Just an idea: When somebody decides to begin coding on this (I am extremely experienced with PHP and MySQL so PM me if I can help), let's make it open-source initially so we can each conference and throw around ideas about how to make it better or more secure.

EDIT: And I, of course, can offer space from my servers for a portion of the project. I have a feeling if this gets as large as I think it will, we will have to divide the databases among various servers. Possibly organizing them numerically. For example, Server A will have IPs 0.x.x.x through 50.x.x.x, Server B will have 50.x.x.x through 100.x.x.x

Last edited:
also

'αgoon | JOGA BONITO | says:
Hey
are you here?
Avail Networks, LLC says:
yes
I bought host.
On your company
But it doesn't work
yes, i cancelled your account due to a fraud transaction. your ticket has been replied to
what??
why fraud?
your tried to pay several different times with multiple cards, your order is from new york yet your ip traces to overseas
i'm not in NY right now
I'm KFOR Soldier
then explain the 5 credit card numbers used
I'm confused.
Ok
I'm gonna buy somewhere else.
Bye bye
everything on our systems is logged by ip, i saw all your activity, it was pretty clear
Here where I am, In kosovo, ISP have justo ne IP.
It's terrible.
And I don't have my own PC
It's like "Internet Caffe"
yes, but you attempted to pay several times with different credit card numbers
lol
Okay
Bye bye

well if this kicks off and does well, ill be willing to host servers free of charge for this service, once it get sorta popular, I may invest some google ads or something of that sort, into the system so that funds are generated to keep it at free of cost service.

Ok, since there are abundance of space, we will leave our offer of space and a full dedi open if there is ever such a need.

We unfortunately cannot offer coding or programming support as we are really short on sleep due to our sales. :)

May I suggest that this proposed site be placed on a DDoS hardened network.

The sort of people that are into CC fraud, SPAM accounts and so forth, would have no qualms about turning a bot army against any site attempting to expose them..

Rick said:
May I suggest that this proposed site be placed on a DDoS hardened network.

The sort of people that are into CC fraud, SPAM accounts and so forth, would have no qualms about turning a bot army against any site attempting to expose them..

I second this. It could bring down the only security webhosts have against scammers.

Back