• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller Fraud Alert

Yes, I once the community starts up, it will be moved to an extra security dedicated server, netcafe if this thing goes well, maybe we will be interested in using your dedicated servers, heard there pretty darn good.

Last edited:
I have a two IPB licenses I don't use as I don't retail in the industry anymore and don't run any websites. I have seen a forum like this before you had to PM the details to the admin and he approved your website as being established ;longer than 6 months and gave access to hoster only forums

Let me Know LS

Dan

I will get in contact with every one this evening to get this started and figure out who and where all this will take place at.

Well, i've very interested, and unlike NetCafe, i can't offer dedicated servers, but i can offer PHP programming. PM me or email me :)

I was just wondering. will this also be a place that host can post up about users who abuse?. Or is there a system in place like that already?

tumble

The site should also contain a text dump of all of the fraud ips, and a place to request for the IP to be unblocked (if a good reason is given..)

@Brandon
Hey im interested email me more information - jdcomputes@sympatico.ca

@tumble
I will add a section for that :).

I think this is a great idea and if it works out I will contribute to the project. Also I am willing to contribute whatever I can to the cteation of the project. I see that other hosts have offered space and a domain, but if they dont pan out or if you need anything else let me know and I will do my best to provide it. The way I see it a small investment could save me, and other reptable hosts, alot of headaches.

Brandon said:
The site should also contain a text dump of all of the fraud ips, and a place to request for the IP to be unblocked (if a good reason is given..)

That's a great idea, that way it is very easy to block these IP's!

yea that is a good idea, I know right now the site is just a forum board, but if I can get you guys to sign up whoevers in favour of working or using this service. then atleast I can tell what level of support will actually be there. All people that contribute, in the final bit, will be granted administration, mod of the boards, I would offer you all, but that wont work, so it will be selected few.

I think this is worth the investments, If we buildthis thing right, we will limit problems that we have.

Also an edit to above. Im in constant talking to with Maxmind (think i spelt it wrong), however they are possibly one we get a good base, working with us, and will be making there software, flag any information that matches our posts to results it traces on orders, as fraud. witch will make checking the site not as nessecary, witch will also lower problems :).

Well, pretty much every host that host posted in this thread will help. So now we are basing this around a forum, not a custom script?

well i started a forum to get the site rooling and information, if all is good for support from you then ill get a team toghter and we can look at getting a site script done.

LSComputers said:
Yes, I once the community starts up, it will be moved to an extra security dedicated server, netcafe if this thing goes well, maybe we will be interested in using your dedicated servers, heard there pretty darn good.

As I previously mentioned, our offer is open. And to clarify, we will provide space for the project and if it is successful and of use to the hosting community, we will throw in a dedicated. However, we cannot provide programming as most of our programmers are "chinese hackers" :)

I would suggest the search be based on:

1. email address (a must I supposed)
2. IP (not feasible as most are dynamic?)
3. name on cc or cc number?

Also, I took a liking to an earlier domain I think it was hostfraud or something along the lines.

Oh AND to be fair, whoever contributing in this project's seed stage will get their links or small banner on the main page, be it programming or others?

Last edited:
Whoever is running the show might aswell take Netcafe's great offer now and start working on this project, everyone will be willing to help.

well if i could actully do anything tecnical i would offer. but since i cannot even spell the word. I will just sit on the sidelines and watch. :bandit2:

ihostdev said:
I have a domain i purchase a while back for this reason and also had plans to have a api written to be added to any billing software that wanted to, to query the DB with users info. There are some legal issues surrounding this idea that might be a good idea to look into, But if you want i am willing to provide the domain and hosting for this project for free. The domain is hostingfraud.com

I like this domain "The domain is hostingfraud.com". Its kewl!

Just PM me if you think this old man can contribute something :p

To start the ball rolling,

RTG will offer 10gb space, 500gb bandwidth.

Last edited:
We offered the use of our domain hostingfraud.com

Josh,

I am not sure using a forum will be a good way to start for the main reason that it provides you for legal reason valid user information that are submitting any information. We were involved in a thread on wht a while back about this same thing type of project.

Our plans back then were to have the site register any host or retailer that wanted to submit fraud information in the site with valid information that would be verified by us. Once there account was approved they would be able to submit certain details of the order as in:

ip, email address, name, mailing address. You legaly can't accept credit card numbers as that a against master card and visa terms of service and i am sure some type of laws not to mention if the DB got hacked and someone stole all those cc numbers it would be a huge mess.

With using a forum anyone can sign up with invalid details to post legitament users info for revenge or just due to dislikes.

Once the fraud order information was submitted it would need to be verified with some type of proof by the submitter before it's approved to be entered into the DB.

The on the site users would be able to enter in new order details to see if anything would be flagged from the DB.

The api we wanted to add into this to be integrated into billing software would send the order information to the site to be checked against and if anything matched it would return to the software say a set risk number for this transaction from 1-5 and the user could have the option to accept the order or deny it. You would not want it to deny it automatically incase of wrong information being added to the DB causing valid orders to be blocked.

We had planned if we made all this back then to offer the api integration for free and change users a fee to verify orders using the api like varilogix does with there phone service, but the visiting the site to verify woudl be free. The cost woudl be low per transaction.

Now we got several people offering there services.

For hosting does anyone have ddos protected hosting we could use?

We have several with php programming skills.

I think all thats missing right now is maybe a designer to make the actual site design.

Back