• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller Fraud Alert

I think the first thing you need to do is find out who is going to be involved & setup some sort of contract so your all safe, think, say it becomes very successful & the owner thinks, emmm its all mine, I will go it alone. Make sure you have your name on the project otherwise all your hard work will go down the pan. Goodluck with the project.

I would PM LSComputers but he has his PM system turned off, my idea:

1. As I have 2 unused IPB licenses (if you don't believe me I will give ONE person the login information and if I find you have downloaded a copy (as it logs it) I won't be a happy man! But I am offering use of that

2. Website - As an experienced PHP, MySQL coder and designer I would volunteer to make the site or be part of making the site.

My idea for the website:

Website and Forum login integration (have done this before)
On forums have a member group for hosts, if you are a host you PM an admin your:

Code:
Name:
Age (over 18's only):
E-Mail address:
Hosting website:
How long in business:

When they are a member of that group, they see the web host only forums PLUS on the website when logged in, they see a section only accessible by logged in web hosts. This contains a directory of fraudulant transactions logged by current webhosts and also contains a IP directory - both which are searchable.

If possible have the domain directing to a forum subdomain while the site is created, maybe use a CVS depositry if more than one person is working on the website and when you have done something you LOG what you have done in a log file.

phpBB :devious2:

I would be more than happy to lead the website coding as have made CMS's, Blogging systems, Galleries, Forum systems, and various sites in the past.

Thats just my two cents, would like to be apart of this as it is an integral part of the future of the hosting industry!

EDIT: Also if more people are going to be a part of it I suggest they get an equal share of the company via a contract, nto just one persons business with people putting time and effort into it!

Last edited:
okay, havent had time to read this, forum is so i will ltr. If there is enough programmers to start working on a idea, lets get a meeting, msn/aim something and start discusing what we need.

The domain, if its open, i think they said it was, then lets go with it. 911-hosting fraud prevention, was just a quicky idea.

In regards to contributing users, will have advertising, will be modded for the forums, and a few other things I have ideas for. All contributors, will have shares if you want to look at it that way. I ofcourse, starting the idea, getting it into motion, Im proud to say I founded the idea, hence my sig, but everyone that supports in the creation will have an equal right with it

Ill read all of this, Anyone who has the ability to do phping coding of anysort, or has anything to contribute, please email me at jdcomputes@sympatico.ca with all the information (contact, what you can offer ect).

Last edited:
NetCafe said:
ihostdev,

Our servers have hardware DDOS, software APF, AD and BFD all in.

Dunno if its enough?

FYI.
Doesn't sound likt that is enough. APF, AD and BFD don't help at all with a DDOS. HW Firewall may, but not if the pipe gets saturated, as is the case with any DDOs worth the name.

okay

@ Ihostdev

Would you be willing to spot your domain for this project? We have the hosting currently.

@All Coders Etc.
Iv been talking to Danny for a little while today, and hes sorta become a big help into getting this coding end started. Hes creating a basic backbone database for us to use. What is needed now, we want to keep the project down to a 5 man team, excluding myself and ihostdev if they supply the domain if not then just 6 in total. So what we need any other coders/site designers ect that are interested in helping with this project I need you to email me at jdcomputes@sympatico.ca with what you can do coding/site design work.

Hopefully we all have msn, sure we do, that will make an meeting much easier. Im hoping that by Saturday, to start working on this project.

To all contributing clients. Banner rotations, ovbious recongizions for your hosting companies, ect. And possibly great discounts. Im in talk with Dell, Layered Tech, Layer Soft, FDCServers, Microsoft about helping some sort of way on this project.

Its looking that if we do a great job, Microsoft and Dell will be willing to support us with software and a server.

Layered Tech and other datacenters, Im going to speak to about placing there adds on the site, for advertisment, as well as offering us certified members discounts on there services.

Right now my basic view to start with (with help of your ideas). We will have it set so that you register your account, free of charge, this allows you to view the information. To be able to post anything, you must provide some sort of proof the order is fraud, this way we dont make false claims. Once agreeded its a fraud/abuse/scammer then we will add it to the appropriate database. Once added to the database you will be able to view it on the site, via a search, by email/domain/ip/hostname/ and possibly others. Also there will be a small forum board just for our registered users use, that will allow us to talk about other clients domains that are bad to host ect. For paying clients, they will be a specail offers ect they will have a chance to get ahold of, along with these contributing members.

Once we get a team togther, A business plan will be made, a semi-formal stlye contract sent out, witch will need to be signed, and faxed back, witch will state that the members contributing will own a % of the shares for the site. The more contributed the more shares there are to get.

I think that this is fair, and I think its going to work well, some large corporations are onboard with helping if we can get a business plan up and show them what we want to do etc. So Ill be looking after alot of that.

I look forward to hearing from some of you guys so we can get this kicking into high gear :).

yes i will provide the domain. Let me know what nameservers to point this to and i will get it changed right away.

Any word on a designer?

I will be able to spare time here and there with my team of programmers during downtimes of our development. I can't guarrantee anything or a set number of hours at the moment as we are in the middle of a few new releases and updates.

@ ihostdev
If you want to change the domain nameservers to ns1.lakeshorecomputers.net and ns2.lakeshorecomputers.net as well as reposting lol, your domain name here, so I can get the information, or emailing me, as ill add you as part of the team, so Ill probally need your msn preferably.

@Death Reaper
I have recived your email and going to read it now :). In regards to your post, Im really looking for people who have time to commite to programing the site as well as designing the actually site layout. Im hoping to start production and startup on Saturday, should give me enough time to start a business plan and get it out to companies ect.

@ Public
This is the current breakdown of what we really need, ovbiously its all volenteer positions, however If you have anything you have done that you can show, we really need the best group we can get to get this rolling, and start implementing it all :).

Site Designer - Unknown
Site Designer - Unknown
Site Designer - Unknown
Coding Designer - Unknown
Coding Designer - Unknown
Coding Designer - Daniel (leyther)
Founder - Josh (Me)
Domain Provider - ihostdev

Last edited:
ingfina said:
Doesn't sound likt that is enough. APF, AD and BFD don't help at all with a DDOS. HW Firewall may, but not if the pipe gets saturated, as is the case with any DDOs worth the name.

So what else?

NetCafe said:
So what else?
The reallly isn't that much you can do (except if you have $xx,xxx-$x,xxx,xxx to invest. At the DC level some sort of extreme packet filtering (ev1's fireslayer) or going with people specialized in DDOs mitigation (staminus etc./not sure what they do). Of course that is expensive and can be in the $x.xxx/month range for a single server.
Fitering at the backbone is something Cisco is working on, I am not sure what the status is for that.
Best thing is not to have enemies, but thats obviously not the case with this project.

I'd say the best approach is to wait and see - but to be prepared to quickly adapt to changing situations. It would be beneficial to have someone with experience in ddos mitigation to talk to (its not my area of expertise).

Yes, aslong as no full credit information is released and partial information is all that is displayed there is no legal action against us, Ip information, hostname ect is legal for full display, just the more personal informaiton cannot be a full post.

Already dealt with all of that. Thanks for the help guys

LSComputers said:
@Death Reaper
I have recived your email and going to read it now :). In regards to your post, Im really looking for people who have time to commite to programing the site as well as designing the actually site layout. Im hoping to start production and startup on Saturday, should give me enough time to start a business plan and get it out to companies ect.

Well Saturday is when I get back on my computer (currently not online due to busy schedule) so I can start then, which is when you want. Toss me an email if your interested, I'm only on to do some work, so I can't show you anything right now, and I don't have much work done on what I am working on atm, something I just picked back up again a while ago. But been a bit busy of late, so I'll be working on it again Saturday. In any case, let me know if you need me, and we can work from there.

Regards,

Back