• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

the perfect host

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the heck can a 13 year old setup webhsoting? I mean, you would need a server, the cheapest is 299$/month + your domain (only 10$ or something). How do you pay that?????

Look, I'm sorry, kid, but this isn't what anybody would call "the perfect host". Maybe you should've picked some other term.

Oh, and happy mother's day to you too. :p

Zero, what the hell are you saying? Those Democrats want to screw with this nation. Now don't talk about this, because obviously I am wiser choosing the political party, and to look at there isn't much difference between the Democratic and Republican Parties, they both are near the center. And your definiton of captialism is all wrong...

Now back to Russoweb, I honestly am wondering where the money came from to run such a service... time is needed to run business as NC_TOM said, how do I know? I am working on a business to sell handicrafts but whatever business it may be it always requires time, even if it does offer free webservices.

[Edited by Giancarlo on 05-13-2001 at 09:07 AM]

ok maybe not the perfect host yet, but hopefully it will be. yeah tom i got a social life too, try juggling school (6-3) Lacrosse (3-6) Basketball (7-9) a girl friend and a web hosting company. i get 2 hours on the computer a day, an hour of which is spent on aol. so this is more a hobby for me, as i said, touching up on my skills. but the reason i got into this was because i wanted free webspace, so if you guys want your site hosted, just send me an email.

alex russo?

hey isnt that the guy who created t35.com ?

ok expect this thing to be swamped with pop-ups in a month or two

If you're trying to do all that, then I'm afraid you'll either piss your girlfriend off, have a nervous breakdown, or just not be able to run the service. You need more time than that.

Also, A dedicated server is not the way to go if you know how to configure it, or if you have a programmer to help you out. Go with co-location if you're serious about this. That means spending $1000 on a decent server and hosting it in someone's office. Over long term that will save you money since you aren't using their hardware. If you're just developing your skills, this might not be the right industry to do that in. Your customers are all going to want super-reliable hosting from someone who knows how to do everything in the industry. Since you are still learning, sooner or later you WILL make mistakes and have a lot of angry customers. Just trust me, I've been there a few times.

I'm not gonna piss my girlfriend off, and i'm not the main person running the server so i don't have to deal with the #'s and stuff. i'm just work on webpages and marketing, and russo told me i could spread the word about our site so i posted this. if your seriously interested in free web space, just drop me an email!! btaylor@russoweb.com. peace

The Design is ugly... and the service has been down ever since it was started. There is no FTP, or even Browser Upload. Each page has about three and half words on it and the flash is poor in quality. There has been four or five threads posted already on this subject.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Is that a joke? I think my ulcer is acting up again... did you say: Your site was more professional than ours? You must be kidding, my site actually had work put into it. I don't use Flash for respect of Dialup Internet Users. My Site is much more professional then yours...

what work did you put into it? All you did was change the background color from a stolen template. You even kept the CSS styles and everything. The thing that really pisses me off is that YOU take the credit and even take the copyright for it. Trying to pass something stolen off as your's is wrong, and you should know that.

Wrong pal, if you haven't been to my site lately, you wouldn't of noticed the changes that have been going on. I changed the background, changed the scripts, and changed the highlight color. And by the way, this site design with several tables is used by many sites. I did put work into this one, and take a look at the rest of the site you fool!

I take credit for my entire site by the way, the Multimedia Section, the Excellent SimCity 3000 Section and everything else was done by myself. It looks better than the Mainpage. Now let me see your stinking site for a change?

[Edited by Giancarlo on 05-13-2001 at 05:28 PM]

<rant>
First of all, I never even claimed to have chosen a political party. Most political parties now are too much about making money for the individual politicians anyway. Both of the "mainstream" parties are far to corrupt. Don't even bother talking about how great the Republican party in the US is, you don't even live here. You don't have to deal with a President who throws ten years worth of research about the safety of drinking water away because it will "cost too much". (Refering to the increase in the maximum allowed PPB of arsnic in drinking water from 10PPB to 50PPB).
"When are people going to learn? Democracy doesn't work."
A transitional monarchy would work... considering most people are too stupid to know what's good for them and are unable to see the value of altruism.
</rant>

In reference to Russoweb, how hard is it to go find an upload script? Having someone e-mail you all their stuff is ok when you are hosting small sites for freinds, but you are just going to piss a lot of people off when you finally implement all the stuff you have been promising and people finally start wanting to join. People don't want to wait till you have the freetime to upload their site, and some people have to update his/her site every day.

Give Business a break kid, because if we continue with this pro-environment crap then this economy and country will really take a hammering. I have lived in the United States for nine years, and my Dad is a UNITED STATES FOREIGN SERVICE OFFICER or a Diplomat who is just below the Ambassdor in maintaining political ties with Argentina.
I will be back in the states in two years, and when I do I will vote Republican of course. There is little corruption in the Republican party for that fact, and there is a ton of corruption in the Democratic and Smaller Center-Left Wing Parties out there. Democracy does work, the Monarchial System is pretty much dead.

so funny...

look at your posts!!!

I had so much fun reading them. hahaha!!! sorry, couldn't hold it. How can you, kids run a normal hosting company if you can't even make a decent webdesign for website. Do you want to heat the truth? Your both websites sux!!! You don't even use normal scripts there... Ops sorry. You don't have scripts there at all!!! That's funny. Hosting company can't run simple scripts... "Send files on email" Is it a joke?

And what is this thing about your dad? who cares about your dad? Is he related to hosting? I don;t think so. Anyways even if he is embassador it didnt help you to build a normal website. You need brains for that... not rich dad...

Well, good luck to you... and sorry for those people who will use your hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back