• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Pope

Status
Not open for further replies.
ezforum = sucking up = roberts ---
and i agree with bozley05 on this one, the pope just sat in his chair all day doing hardly anything but believe hes holy... i dont even understand why we needed a pope?

Why would you not need a pope? What doesn't a pope do for the Catholic church? Hey, why do we need a president anyway? He doesn't do anything but sit in the White House, right?

LockerGirl said:
ezforum = sucking up = roberts ---
and i agree with bozley05 on this one, the pope just sat in his chair all day doing hardly anything but believe hes holy... i dont even understand why we needed a pope?

The Pope didn't just "sit in his chair all day doing hardly anything". Like everything else, there has to be someone in charge. The Pope is the head of the Roman Catholic Church.

What I never understood is people who don't believe in God or are not associated with a relgiin are quick to scream that we are trying to "push our beliefs" on them, yet they won't even think twice before insulting someone's religion. I will never push my belief onto someone else, but I will defend my belief. And if you want to defend yours, fine, but don't expect to say stuff like "why do we need a Pope?" and then expect people not to be insulted.

But it's true, Christian extremists are the worst. Mormans and Jehova's are ok, coz they just knock on your door once, and then move on. A christian extremist just keeps at you. I find the line "If we started with Adam and Eve, how did we end up with Asians and Africans?" works quite well.

But still, I prefer people that push their beliefs, rather than blow you up because you have different beliefs.

bozley05 said:
But it's true, Christian extremists are the worst. Mormans and Jehova's are ok, coz they just knock on your door once, and then move on. A christian extremist just keeps at you. I find the line "If we started with Adam and Eve, how did we end up with Asians and Africans?" works quite well.

But still, I prefer people that push their beliefs, rather than blow you up because you have different beliefs.

I've never met a Christian extremist. I've had delt with Jehova's before and they aren't the easiest to please. When they knock on my door and they ask "Can I talk to you about God?", I Reply with "sure, what do you want to know?". And then they leave. It seems to work. Reverse pyschology rules! LOL

bozley05 said:

So, like, um, you do know, don't you, that Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses are sects of Christianity, right?

we dont need a president. we sorta do, so he can enforce laws... all the pope did was enforce prayers and stuff... prove me wrong. and i try not to judge people who have different beliefs to me, but it is hard when everybody who is fully churchish are totally calm.. its damn annoying

yes we do. having a prime minister is shit. being part of the monarchy is shit. i say australia should be come a republic.

and on the topic of this 'why have a religious leader' crap, it's pretty much because of how humans rely on structure. whether or not is logical, having structure and rules placed upon us means less thinking, this is right, this is wrong - as opposed to 'is this right?, is this wrong?' - delegating 'jobs' to people is someone's job, the pope's in this case [i know he doesn't delegate jobs, but he's the leader so nyar]

i could go on about this, but i won't, since i argue with my parents about it enough

Glad you didn't Gayo.

Keep this thread on topic, or it will be closed. Have some respect for the dead. If the topic isn't of interest to you, stay away!

LockerGirl said:
we dont need a president. we sorta do, so he can enforce laws... all the pope did was enforce prayers and stuff... prove me wrong. and i try not to judge people who have different beliefs to me, but it is hard when everybody who is fully churchish are totally calm.. its damn annoying

First, there isn't anything "to be proved". Either you are for the Church, are against it, or just don't care. Your attitude tells me you are "against it". Therefore, I will not attempt to "prove" anything to you. By saying jibberish stuff such as "Why do we even need a Pope" tells me enough about who you are. And then you add "everybody who is fully churchis are totally calm". Nice stereotyping.

Last edited:
Robert said:
Nice stereotyping.
You mean kind of like this:
Robert said:
What I never understood is people who don't believe in God or are not associated with a relgiin are quick to scream that we are trying to "push our beliefs" on them, yet they won't even think twice before insulting someone's religion. I will never push my belief onto someone else, but I will defend my belief. And if you want to defend yours, fine, but don't expect to say stuff like "why do we need a Pope?" and then expect people not to be insulted.
That's a nice little generaliziation too, Robert. You are being no better than lockergirl at this point.

Last edited:
Before I get slammed for generalising... This is targeted only at Vatican officials, not the Catholic religion...

What's up with the Vatican letting news cameras film the dead pope laying "in peace"... that is just too far IMO, I don't wanna see a dead person at every newbreak.

jmiller said:
You mean kind of like this:
That's a nice little generaliziation too, Robert. You are being no better than lockergirl at this point.

I disagree. My point was that people are quick to insult others, but get upset when someone tries to push their belief. This is what continues to happen, even on these forums. I haven't pushed my belief to anyone. Lockergirl just sits there and insults the Pope: "Why do we even need a Pope?", "All he does is sit there and do nothing". No. The Pope just passed and she's gonna sit there and ask "Why do we even need a Pope?". The Pope was a good hearted man. The day before he died, he stood at his window, and said "Amen". Come on. Her other response was "The President enforces the law". Wrong. The Police Officers enforce the law. The President (along w/ Congress in the U.S.), makes and passes the law. I don't see Bush on the corner of Pennsylvania Ave. writing tickets for speeders. To compare Bush to the Pope is an insult to the Pope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back