• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

US troops shoot women and children.

Originally posted by netnexus
call me cynical..but i say the war isn't actually about weapons of mass destruction..that was just a convinient little excuse for US. its actually abt the oil, and the billions they could save from getting it.

:)
oh my gosh, i think we have established bushs reasons for war in other threads. Its not about the oil. That is just what everyone who no idea about the war says. If you want to argue about the reasons for the war please start another thread.

Saying this war is all about oil is pure stupidity. You figure in how much this war is/will cost, plus all the humanitarian cost, plus what we pay out to other countries such as those turkeys.......it will take a very long time to recoupe that kind of cost.

"This war is about oil" <-- Ignorant comment from uneducated people who cant think for themselves.

Webdude is right in saying that the humanitarian costs will be humongous. They will have to successfully feed millions of Iraqis who were previously living off of government support (from Saddam Hussein's administration). But I truly believe that the oil will easily make up for the humanitarian and military costs. After all, it has worked for Saddam, so it should work for the United States.

The possibility that the war is also about oil shouldn't be dismissed just because you (whoever disagree's with it) wants to dismiss it.

To be honest, I don't think anyone in the general public has any idea as to the real reasons for this war. There's a lot of possibilities, although from all we've seen and heard so far, being a war of liberation seems to be the most unlikely.

And remember, when people say that part of the reasons could also be about oil; one must bear in mind that it isn't because (if it WERE the reason) the US wants the oil itself for it's own use, the theory is that the US wants to control the worlds oil supplies. It would, essentially, ensure that many countries of the world remain dependant on the US.

Which makes a bit of sense, when you consider the way in which America economically controls the world.

There's also the whole debacle about the 'Project for a New American Century'; and we have Rumsfield and Cheney back in 1998 argueing for a war against Iraq on the basis that Husseins 'weapons of mass destruction' were a threat to US supplies of middle east oils.

Then, if you also wanted to bear in mind that Iraq had switched to only accepting Euros for the oil about 2 years ago, strengthening the Euro and starting the slide of the dollar. Other oil producing nations are now considering switching to the Euro due to it's current stability, which would further devalue the dollar, and we couldn't have all this happening...

So the cost of the war is slightly irrelevant there, because if it were about oil it wouldn't be for the mere price of having access to it's own oil, it would be able retaining and ensuring economic domination of the world which is (one could say) worth that much.

Personally I don't think the entire thing is about oil, but I see it as a very real possibility that a desire for control of the oil is part of the agenda.

And even as Washington proclaims the UN of little pratical use, it still wishes to have a say about the so called money-for-food program. It concerns the profits from Iraq's petroleumsales, with which the import of food and medicine are financied as per the UN resolutions and which also finances the UN weapons inspectors.
This financial reserve (several billion dollars worth) is what the US now hopes to use to pay for the massive amounts of aid they wish to send to "liberated" Iraq to try and convince the Iraqi's they mean them no harm.
The money's already there and it does come straight from Iraq's oil.

To Toefur: Europe doesn't really all benifit from a high Euro vs a lower US dollar. It makes US based products cheaper but it also raises the prices on anything that's exported making them less appealing.

Last edited:
The United States itself also has oil, and plenty of it. More than Iraq, but ours was far deeper underground which made it harder and more expensive to get to. Oil comes from dinosaurs, and people arent too bright if they think all the dinosaurs traveled to the middle east to die...LOL (just remember, everything was all one land mass back then)

I'd say it's much easier and less expensive to deal with the tree huggers than to spend $75 billion/month to fight a war, plus reimburse the people of Iraq their $billions$ for their losses, plus $billions$ to turkey, plus the $billions$ in humanitarian aid. So I dont think oil even factors into it.

It's funny how everyone wants to blame the war on anything other than what the government says it's for. This is a war on terrorism and there's nobody on this earth (even China, Russia, and France combined) who can stop it. Everyone wanted to know what Iraq has to do with 911, after we shredded those terrorist camps in Iraq, your question got answered.

First and foremost, this is a war on terrorism. Saddam supported terrorism. It's been shown, it's been proven. He had active terrorist camps that the coalition wiped out. Humanitarian aid, cruel leadership, and possibly oil, are simply additional reasons for the war on Iraq itself. There is no rule saying we cant get rid of a murderous regime and give humanitarian aid while we also take out terrorists and their supporters. In this case, it just happens to be that the murderous regime and the terrorist supporter is the one and same.

"I'm proud to be an american, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave this right to me, and I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A."

Originally posted by Webdude
Saying this war is all about oil is pure stupidity. You figure in how much this war is/will cost, plus all the humanitarian cost, plus what we pay out to other countries such as those turkeys.......it will take a very long time to recoupe that kind of cost.

"This war is about oil" <-- Ignorant comment from uneducated people who cant think for themselves.

r u american?

Well the war will be $70-80 Billion dollars, but I figure some will come back because of the Oil. But this wasn't isnt about OIL.

AGAIN, it all started with 9-11 (despite what some people want to think(.

The United States itself also has oil, and plenty of it. More than Iraq, but ours was far deeper underground which made it harder and more expensive to get to. Oil comes from dinosaurs, and people arent too bright if they think all the dinosaurs traveled to the middle east to die...LOL (just remember, everything was all one land mass back then)
We went through this already in another thread.. the US doesn't have anywhere near the amount of oil that can be found in Iraq alone, let alone the whole of the middle east. Whether or not you wish to believe that doesn't make it any less true.
Since when did all life on earth originate from the US and then spread out from there btw? :confused:

I'd say it's much easier and less expensive to deal with the tree huggers than to spend $75 billion/month to fight a war, plus reimburse the people of Iraq their $billions$ for their losses, plus $billions$ to turkey, plus the $billions$ in humanitarian aid. So I dont think oil even factors into it.
Like I said above, the US is planning on using Iraq's own funds to pay for the humanitarian aid, it won't cost you a penny.

First and foremost, this is a war on terrorism. Saddam supported terrorism. It's been shown, it's been proven. He had active terrorist camps that the coalition wiped out. Humanitarian aid, cruel leadership, and possibly oil, are simply additional reasons for the war on Iraq itself. There is no rule saying we cant get rid of a murderous regime and give humanitarian aid while we also take out terrorists and their supporters. In this case, it just happens to be that the murderous regime and the terrorist supporter is the one and same.
War on terrorism is an illusion.. you can't wage a war against something you can't attack, let alone hope to win.
Like other people have pointed out before... if you think you're doing it for something as noble as "freedom" then why only Iraq?
I've always heard a lot of allegations about suspected links of Iraq to terrorism but never any actual proof that meant anything. Besides the whole claim of the US for the legality of this war is because Iraq supposidly has weapons of mass destruction. Not to liberate the people, not for terrorism or anything else. It's not because they try to sell it differently that you just have to nod and forget about what was said a week before.

Are you kidding about the dinosaur thing? That's the most absurd explanation that I have ever heard! :biggrin2:

First and foremost, this is a war on terrorism. Saddam supported terrorism. It's been shown, it's been proven.

Then I would like to see the proof, and it better not be from the CIA or any similar agency. I know that Saddam supports Palestinian terrorism -- he openly admits that. And there are times that I think that his funding of suicide bombers in Palestine are justified. (The Palestinians have to get the world's attention somehow, and Saddam is providing the means to do so.) Otherwise, I do not know of any connection between him and Osama bin Laden -- I do know however that they hate each other, and would kill each other if given the chance. If the US is going to war simply because Saddam funds suicide bombers in Israel, then I think America needs to reconsider its position.

Think about this for a second: if America attacks Islamic terrorist groups because of the Zionist movement, and America's support of the Zionist movement has only fueled the growing resentment of many Muslims towards America, then why are we in this war? We don't want them to resent us even more, and prompt more terrorist attacks.

I would like to remind you that there are only 14 million Jews in the world. They make up 0.2% of the world's population. Meanwhile, there are 1.3 billion Muslims in the world. They make up 22% of the world's population. Is it really worth it to infuriate 1.3 billion people so that we can please 14 million (note: I'm generalizing here for simplicity's sake)? Or better yet: why doesn't America take a neutral stance on Israel vs. Palestine? There is no reason to favor either side!

I think that we should be building relations with more Muslim countries. I will say that the Xinjiang Uighurs have quieted down as of late, since China acknowledged an open relationship with Indonesia. And we should follow in China's diplomatic footsteps.

Last edited:
Conkermaniac,
They have found links to Al Queda. Do you just not believe anything the news tells you? Everyone has an opinion of what the war is about. You seem to revel in telling supporters how stupid they are. Are you so close minded that you think your opinion is the only valid one?

I'll go back and answer the rest as I get a chance to read it all closer....but I will answer this one....

This is not a war on Al Queda or Binny. It is a war on terrorism. Binny simply started it, and we're going to finish it. Some of you seem to be missing the point. We know we cant bomb what we cant see. However, we CAN see those who support them. Terrorists still have to have a place to call home. Some place little wannabe terrorist can go and signup, train, etc. It requires buildings, resources, weapons, etc, etc....unless you think they carry all this around with them (that'd be a funny siight). While terrorist can packup and leave as soon as we discover them.....guess what? The idiots like Saddam who harbor them now have to answer to us. Pretty soon, NOBODY will give terrorists a place to stay. If the Iraq war is successful, no other terrorist supporting regime will take the chance after that. I'll bet places like Iran and Syria start taking a good hard look at their terrorist support policies.

Saddam supports Palenstinian terrorism, while hating the U.S just as much as Israel. Kinda naive to think he wouldnt support terror against America. Of course he admits sponsoring terror against Israel, they really cant do much about it. We can, so he would deny sponsoring terror against America.

About the dinosaurs, no I wasnt kidding. Oil comes from them. (Hard to believe my vehicle engines are powered and lubricated by dead reptiles. What will our leftovers be powering in 65 million years??.) Anyway, you think all dinosaurs that ever lived went and died in the middle east?? I dont know where the biggest majority of dinosaurs lived, but I know America is littered with their remains.

The theory remains that there is more oil in America than any other spot in the world because of that. The problem is that it's so deep down. For that very reason, it cant be "proven". The only thing that has been proven is what can be reached, hence the belief that the middle east has more oil. Iraq is smaller than the state of california, and you would believe it has more oil than America. C'mon, common sense tells you it probably isnt possible. Using the theoretical reasoning that scientists use (that all you anti-God people are so good at), then you come to the conclusion that it's impossible that Iraq would have more oil. The middle east is a desert. All it is, is sand that always gets moved around. In America however, erosion and weather has caused the lands to continue a buildup over the millions of years. That's why the oil is deeper. Since sand cant turn into hills or whatever, that land stays fairly the same level over time except for a few mounds here and there..

Ok, so what do YOU want your remains to be fueling in 65 million years? :p

Mexico also has vast amounts of oil. The problem is that it is dirty oil. It cost so much more to refine it. Now if Greenpeace and other groups would lighten up on the Alaskan Pipeline we could probably supply ourselves with a majority of the oil we need. How about the next time you buy a car, buy a natural gas or an electric car.

I have more oil under my house then you can find anywhere in the world.. only problem is noone can look deep enough to verify but that doesn't matter, I know it's there and noone can proof that I'm wrong since I'm basing my claim on the fact that it's unverfiable :rolleyes:

well

Why are people blinded by the fact that the middle east is all about oil? That is just an excuse for the cowards of this world. They havent the b***s to support governmental decisions so they immediately blame oil. This is about terrorism. Here in England we are arresting arabs left right and center because they have explosives in their possession. Is this about oil? No, i dont think so.

We in the UK are self sufficient in North Sea Oil. The USA has its own Oil wells. Oh yes, we know about the middle east OPEC. However, with weapons of destruction and crazy men like Saddam Hussein, who will need oil?

I suggest the youngsters on this forum do a little study of the past 11 years. It may engage your brains.

Meg

Back