• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

US troops shoot women and children.

Jan

Forum Cleaner
NLC
Seven killed at checkpoint
SEVEN women and children were killed overnight when US troops opened fire on their vehicle after it failed to stop at a military checkpoint.

The shooting occurred at the station manned by soldiers from the US Army's Third Infantry Division at Najaf, 150kms south of Baghdad, Navy Lieutenant Commander Charles Owens told reporters in Qatar.

He said the victims were in a vehicle that failed to stop despite repeated warning shots fired by US troops. Four people in the vehicle escaped unharmed.
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6219983%5E25777,00.html

the troops were told they could shoot at vehicles that were not stoping when they signaled too, and would seem as a harm to either him or his fellow soldiers. although it could be that those 4 that escaped had held the women and children hostage to make a suicide/homocide bomb

Why not just shoot the driver? :confused2 Are they going to shoot everyone that approaches the check point *just in case* it is a suicide bomber?

if i was there.. i would certainly shoot if they ddin't stop after warning shots

http://www.msnbc.com/news/893527.asp seems to be a bit more detailed.

About a dozen shots of 25mm cannon fire were heard from one or more of the platoon’s Bradley fighting vehicles, the Post said.
The captain then shouted over the radio at the platoon leader, “You just [expletive] killed a family because you didn’t fire a warning shot soon enough!” according to the Post.

This is what I meant yesterday... I doubt it will be the last of such incidents :cry2:

Wow... this is amazing. This happens, they show it on the little newsticker on the botttom for a few secs and barely talk about it. Israel can kill 4 innocents accidentally (many times these people are actually throwing rocks, the american-killed ones were sitting in a van), and the news will be all over it. People will be yelling at Israel, and the news will make sure to show the age of each one of the killed. Amazing how there's a doublestandard.

Double standard alright. Seven people die (and its their fault for driving on), its all over the news. However 3000 people die in an earthquake in mexico and just gets on the news.

Originally posted by Kaliber
Oh dear god, saddam probably kills that many every hour

You just can't argue with someone when they've already been brainwashed with false facts...Your government is feeding you lies!

But shizzle is right -- the America media treats Israel very unfairly. They cover the Palestinians even more unfairly, IMHO, but yes, they are constantly criticizing Israel for violations that are less flagrant than some of the ones that the US army has committed in this war.

Well those people kept driving in even after warning shots, so in the end, it was their own fault. That's like continuing to run towards a cop after he's pulled his gun and told you to stop, he doesnt know your intentions or if you have a gun. Would the cop be wrong for shooting you?

However, I do think we simply had a trigger happy marine out there. He could have just as easily stopped the vehicle by shooting out the tires. Was there really a need to shoot directly "into" the vehicle? It would have gone much further in convincing people we are there to liberate them if he had shot the tires instead, then determine the danger afterwards.

A history teacher at our school told us to gather information from both the US media and the Chinese media, and you will get news that is far more accurate and true than if you tuned in only on one source.

Because, he says, the US media will only broadcast what is essential to them, but may leave out other facts that they don't want the world to know. And why China's news? Because they're pro-Iraq, so their info comes from Iraqi friendly sources, and they'll report the things that the US media left out.

Er, for example, let's say the US media said that the US destroyed 20 light Iraqi tanks near village X, which they've occupied and secured. Sounds like progress, doesn't it? Well, what they didn't tell you was that there were 140 other tanks, some heavy, that escaped unharmed, and rebel forces are still fleeing from village X. This is something that the Chinese media will likely tell you. So, now you've really seen the whole scene.

Am I making much sense?

I don't get it?

We are at war. We follow the rules, Iraq doesn't. We have to protect ourselves. Why attack the U.S. because we shoot some innocent citizens? We are at war because 3,000 of our innocent citizens died on Sept. 11, 2001.

How are the Iraqi's not following the rules? They are defending against a foreign invader, and aren't killing civilians. Needless to say, calling something 'war' is no justification for the killing of countless innocents, but on to the more juicy things...

We are at war because 3,000 of our innocent citizens died on Sept. 11, 2001.

That makes no sense whatsoever in the context of this thread, or in the context of the invasion of Iraq.

How are the actions of September 11 2000 related to the goings on in Iraq? Why is the United States at war with a country that had nothing at all to do with September 11?

Originally posted by Toefur
How are the actions of September 11 2000 related to the goings on in Iraq? Why is the United States at war with a country that had nothing at all to do with September 11?

uh... I don't understand too... the excuse of Sept 11th cannot be an excuse to attack Iraq.

The second the driver decided to not stop was the second they where no longer civilians. If it wasn't for such stern reactions we would be hearing more stories of "50 soldiers killed due to suicided bomber not stopping at a check point"

It is there own fault so who gives crap...saddam does kill more people all the time. They are dumb for not listening. Although it is a tradgedy the driver is responsible...not the troops taking orders and NECCESARY precautions

This war isn't just because of september 11th. I say KILL SADDAM FREE HIS COUNTRY. We are making the right move...and we have every right to. If you don't agree then you have a lack of knowledge...never the less you don't live in the states so your disagreements with my country means poo to me

Originally posted by guitarnerd
If you don't agree then you have a lack of knowledge...never the less you don't live in the states so your disagreements with my country means poo to me
I am sure Toefur is glad he doesn't live in the states :confused2 Maybe we should pull our troops out instead of helping you :devious2:

Like we need you anyway...The Unites States could be the crap out of any country in the world if it came down to it.

Back