• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

US troops shoot women and children.

Let's try to be a little more respectful of eachother even if we disagree on this hot topic otherwise I have to close this thread.

Meg, don't comment on peoples age here just because they don't share your view. Age has nothing to do with this topic. Debate the topic and not the persons age or brains who don't share your view. Thank you.

oh dear

Well excuse me guitarnerd. There were so many posts, i really didnt know to which you were referring. I dont consider myself a smart --- at all. Just a normal thinking person. I prefer to look at the big picture before making any decisive statements. I just think people have short memories. They dont want to remember anything since the past 12 months. I tend to go back a little longer.
:rolleyes:

Peo

Hi Peo, no offence intended ..........sorry. I gave my opinion. I accepted other opinions. If people disagree with my opinions that is their prerogative. I meant no harm.:confused:

Originally posted by CareBear
I have more oil under my house then you can find anywhere in the world.. only problem is noone can look deep enough to verify but that doesn't matter, I know it's there and noone can proof that I'm wrong since I'm basing my claim on the fact that it's unverfiable :rolleyes:

Dont get a job as a comedian :D

Oil is verified as there (U.S.). They know where many of the pockets are and how wide/long they are, they just dont know how deep because they cant go that far, or if the pockets spread wider as they get deeper. They are deeper than the ones in the middle east. HOWEVER, I also dont know if it is "dirty" oil such as what was posted about Mexico. It could be, and that might increase production cost making it more cost effective to buy out of the U.S. I dont think many here are old enough to remember the oil wells you used to see everywhere. They took them all offline, and not for the lack of oil in the ground. They went offline because the major oil companies found it to be cheaper to import from the middle east. I guess they found it cheaper to import than to develop hardware that could drill deeper. Plus labor has always been cheaper outside the U.S.

I know several people who used to have oil wells, and now they are actually paid to NOT pump it. It's not unusual, many farmers are paid to NOT plow and farm their fields. That's how our government controls what this country produces...they pay people to NOT produce. Now you know where a lot of tax dollars go :p

Last edited:
Webdude my dad was in the oil buisness and I remember driving to the wells. They were pretty cool. By "dirty" I meant that it has a couple thousand years to brew to be as clean. The cost is a lot higher to refine Mexican oil than middle eastern oil.

Hi webdude

Long time no talk? lol. Did i say something wrong here? I have never been told off by Peo before:cry2: You know that the British Goverment have made our farmers millionaires by stopping them from farming. It is true. It is the only way to retain land resources for the future. I knew about the oil program in the USA. Again, resources must be stored.

We lost a BBC Cameraman today :cry2: Poor guy got out of his jeep and stepped right on to a landmine. I reckon with Julie, Jan, angela, alicia and myself. We could set up as charlies angels and go and sort saddam out .....what do you think? Especially Jan lol

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I would like to remind you that there are only 14 million Jews in the world. They make up 0.2% of the world's population. Meanwhile, there are 1.3 billion Muslims in the world. They make up 22% of the world's population. Is it really worth it to infuriate 1.3 billion people so that we can please 14 million (note: I'm generalizing here for simplicity's sake)? Or better yet: why doesn't America take a neutral stance on Israel vs. Palestine? There is no reason to favor either side!
This isn't a war aimed at upsetting or not upsetting a group of people. Let's not generalize things that much instead lets stick to the issues. If you want to start another thread regarding Israel and Palestine then feel free. I'll even jump on board by responding to your point on favoring sides.

Regarding this being about oil, I have to agree with Webdude that it's absurd. In the past I've linked to articles that have Colin Powell and the British Prime Minister Tony Blair stating that it would go in to a trust fund for rebuilding the country and for the people of Iraq. Not to mention the oil for food program is restarting and under resolution 1472 Kofi Annan has a billion dollars to manage for future humanitarian aid. Clearly the oil in Iraq is their oil and not ours. I don't think you'll find a single quote from a US or coalition leader stating otherwise.

In the end I think you have to ask yourself: Will the Iraq people be better off as a result of our actions? Will Saddam Hussein have less power and will the world be safer as a result?

Honestly answer those questions and you'll see why the war had approval in the USA. Now in terms of individual instances I'm sure we'll see some horrible stuff. (We already have.) However, we have to remind ourselves of the big picture and realize that we couldn't accomplish that goal without the loss of some human life. It's horrible to say but it is indeed true.

Let's give it time and hope that we have the best possible outcome.

Hi Todd

I have to agree with you 100%. There has been and will be loss of life. This is the sacrifice our men on both sides of the atlantic are willing to forfeit to protect us against terrorism and weapons of mass destruction. I have seen Tony Blair recently (he is a local boy) He looks absolutely ill. He is gaunt and looking very tired. Both the US president and Tony Blair went into this coalition with eyes wide open, also the Australian prime minister. All we can do now is pray that this conflict realises a swift result, the iraqi people may have their democracy and some dignity left and we will have as few casualties as possible.

Meg

http://msnbc.com/news/893527.asp

“We were thinking these Americans want us to be safe,” Hassan, 35, said through a translator.
Hassan, interviewed Tuesday by a Knight Ridder correspondent at the Mobile Army Surgical Hospital near Najaf, said 11 members of his family were killed in the incident — his daughters, ages 2 and 5, his son, 3, his parents, two older brothers, their wives and two nieces, ages 12 and 15.
His wife, Lamea, who is nine months pregnant, said she saw her children die.
“I saw the heads of my two little girls come off,” said Lamea Hassan, 36. “My girls — I watched their heads come off their bodies. My son is dead.”

Sgt. 1st Class Stephen Furbush, an Army intelligence analyst, said the message read: “To be safe, stay put.”
But Hassan said he and his father thought it just said, “Be safe.” To them, that meant getting away from the helicopters firing rockets and missiles.
A miscommunication with civilians,” said an Army report written Monday night.
:angry2:

Petroleum is produced by the decomposition of living matter. To suggest that dinosaurs produced all this oil we have today is absurd.

The United States and the United Kingdom are not self-sufficient when it comes to oil. America produces around 5% of the world's oil resources, yet it uses up 35%. There is tons of oil in Alaska, but it is considerably less than the Middle East, and it would be too expensive to extract anyway. If America and Great Britain were self-sufficient and didn't need any OPEC oil, then why do the gas prices raise dramatically every time there's an oil embargo?

I don't see why we should believe Colin Powell any more than we should believe Saddam Hussein. They may say that they are going to keep it for the Iraqis, but in reality, any democracy established there will have close ties to the United States. America does not want Saddam Hussein there because isn't gonna sell him oil. And don't forget, there will be a transition period after Iraq is "liberated" before they hand it over to the Iraqi people, and I know that Blair and Bush are going to drag it on as long as they can, even though they may say otherwise. Even afterwards, the US and UK will take advantage of this significantly weaker democratic government.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
There is tons of oil in Alaska, but it is considerably less than the Middle East, and it would be too expensive to extract anyway
I found only 10 billion barrels as a high estimate for the Alaskan reserve... If it were possible to just pump up as much as needed it would only last 2-3 years to satisfy the US's oil needs and then run dry.
The problem also isn't that there isn't enough oil to go around but that a lot of the current producers are either nearing/at or even past their peak production (like Saoudi Arabia recently). With an ever increasing oil demand they can't keep supplying as much as is needed so new wells need to be put into exploitation.

Originally posted by CareBear
I found only 10 billion barrels as a high estimate for the Alaskan reserve... If it were possible to just pump up as much as needed it would only last 2-3 years to satisfy the US's oil needs and then run dry.
The problem also isn't that there isn't enough oil to go around but that a lot of the current producers are either nearing/at or even past their peak production (like Saoudi Arabia recently). With an ever increasing oil demand they can't keep supplying as much as is needed so new wells need to be put into exploitation.

I hear that hydrogen fuel will become readily available in the near future. Hopefully, that will solve our energy and pollution problems. However, there's just not enough freshwater in the world. Scientists will also need to research further on making desalination cheaper. And as we all know, the seawater is seemingly limitless. :)

Hey, maybe these scientists can get a few pointers from Saddam, as he's just done an amazing job of providing water to his people through desalinization. :p

when the war is over, and if the U.S. has taken control... I'd like to see which countries all of a sudden become "really good friends" with the U.S. We'll see...

Seems like it's the U.S. that always has to put up with the crap but than everyone at the end sides with us.

http://www.priweb.org/ed/pgws/systems/energy_capture/capture.html

Ok, I could have been wrong. You have to remember that no one "really" knows where oil comes from, and it is all scientific speculation and/or theory. When I was in school, the belief was that oils came from dinosaurs (hence called fossil fuels). However, the theory shown above simply helps to further the belief there is probably more oil in America. It is scientifically agreed that the North American continents have been lusher and greener, and full of more water deposits than the middle east since the creation of earth. Therefore, there would have been a great many more of these mocrobes/plankton, (whatever) during the millions of years than in the middle east. Maybe it didnt come from dinosaurs, but they still agree it came from organic materials that were once living beings.

So...I have to get to work. I will be back later to see if you figured out a way to debate further, but feel free to simply give up too :D

Oh, and dont start on the desalinization issue. Next thing you know, people will be running around saying this war is about getting the secret desalinization technology that Saddam refused to share with us :rolleyes:

Originally posted by netnexus
call me cynical..but i say the war isn't actually about weapons of mass destruction..that was just a convinient little excuse for US. its actually abt the oil, and the billions they could save from getting it.

:)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

how old are you? be serious, now.

Back