• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what does a "Game Server" do?

home gaming is different than gaming on a sever, for home gaming I think the a64 will win in technical battles but on the server side I think the p4 just runs cleaner. I always used a p4 3.0 when I had a server just for our clans games, it was smooth as glass

Hmm, okay so I'll take the Pentium 4 then :D So, AvailNetworks right now I'm looking at;

» Intel Pentium 4 2.8 800MHz FSB
» 1024Mb DDR RAM
» 80Gb 7200 RPM Hard Drive
» Operating System Choice: Linux/BSD/Windows*
» 1000 Gb Premium Savvis Network Bandwidth

Cost seems pretty good, setup fee eh, wish it wasn't there but oh well. When I get enough cash stocked up to hold on a dedi-server for more then a year, I'll contact you. I want to purchase a whole diff. servers to host gameservers. Anyways, yes.

I can waive the $20 for you pumpkin :D

but back to being serious, are you goingto be going with windows and tcadmin or did you have something else in mind for the control panel setup?

good call. tcadmin is such a smooth product. As you add more servers to your lineup the main server can be left as a control panel only server and will support tons of growth.

Now I have a few questions, and it isn't much about the server really.

1) You sell gameservers, what's your highest purchased game for a server. (ie. counterstrike, etc.)

2) How much games can a gameserver host?

I think the highest per slot is fear at $4/slot, and the number of gameservers can never be pre judged, each server is different and there are loads of factors to determine that

sorry that answer is vague but that's the only effective and truthful way to answer it. its like asking how many humans can fit in a phone booth. have to take into account children, larger humans, and any other variant that may exist. there just isn't a good answer

I see, yes. I should have taken that into account. But, I don't know if you mentioned this in your previous post but, "What's the highest purchased game for the gameserver" (ie. counterstrike, battlefield, etc.)

Does Tcadmin supports americas army game?
Im looking for a control panel that supports that game and I cant find one.

nope, a semi-dedicated is basically an overgrown shared hosting plan. a vps technically would but I've seen it done and it isnt pretty

nope, by most hosts definitions a semi dedicated is just a shared hosting account with larger than average resources allowed to run on it and usually a high amount of space and bandwidth (40gb/400gb)

Back