• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMCS Vs BoxBilling

WHMCS here too, what annoys me though is no support phone line, we use it at work too (other than hosting) we have problems with client search, overdue invoicing, annoying almost weekly updates. All being said it still works quite well.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Alright so first let me say BoxBilling is great software for the price, but let me tell you why it should not be used in any production business bigger than small.

1. BoxBilling does not collect enough client data on sign up nor can you just search for your clients for fast finding during a chat.

2. I don't believe correct me here if I'm wrong, that BoxBilling stores the ip address on the clients info, this also isn't good for fixing problems in ssh.

3. BoxBilling also offers very limited payment gateways for on site credit card payments.

The Good Thing About BoxBilling Are:

1. Easy to integrate and use for anybody.

2. The price for unbranded is unbeatable.

3. It can be used in a smaller hosting business with great success.

The softwares that I like compared to WHMCS are ClientExec and Blesta, but Blesta has no Knowledgebase witch is a downside.
Blesta and ClientExec also integrate really well websites.

BoxBilling contains all essential feature required to run web hosting business but WHMCS is more user friendly and most of the industry prefer it.

HostBill is nice. Unfortunately, they keep playing the shell game with prices, etc. They can't seem to make up their mind, and prices/terms seem to change on a regular basis. No way I would ever use them because of that.

That true every month i go to they site and I see the price kept changing

WHMCS is used by many however box billing used by little number of people. So I can recommend WHMcS over boxbilling.

As far as I know BoX Billing project is no longer active. They have not released an update for a year.

Latest Blesta looks really cool btw. Worth a try.

Blesta offers 1 month free trial license to anyone. Anyone wondering what kind of thing is Blesta, can install it via Softaculous in one click and start using it.

Two different sotftwares right there.

If you have the money i will say 100% with no doubt whcms, more reliable, stable better support if you need it and is just the best option out there.

About the cost

I was able to buy a licence with a 1 time payment of £7 and the licence doesn't expire. It seems genuine to me! I was able to log into the main whmcs site to download it...

Your question is really great

I think whmcs is better now and easy for use on hosting industry, I love other scripts too but whmcs is strong powerful system and other scripts need more development

For me WHMCS is way ahead that all its competitors, especially when we consider the huge amount of people using it.

WHMCS is safe and reliable. I'm using it for such a long time and have no intention of changing it for now.

Back