• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Who's suddenly got all close-happy?

themoose

Sup, Recoil here.
NLC
Bit annoying when threads close without a reason given.. seen a fair few recently. Can you mods try and give a reason before closing threads next time?

That is all.

kthxbye

I agree. There was quite a few threads I had my eyes on, that are now closed, for no reason.

In fairness some of them had what can safely be described as "adult" language. Like it or not kids visit here, and as adults its our job to make sure this place is clean.

I'm already bracing for the motherload of negative rep.

Also if I was peo I'd be doing everything to stop this place turning into /b/ which it seems to be.

Last edited:
Also if I was peo I'd be doing everything to stop this place turning into /b/ which it seems to be.
I agree. There seems to be a rash of useless posts here lately. There is a place to talk useless nonsense, it is in the longest thread or test things out sections. The adult language has no place here, even though at times it does best describe ones feelings.

There should be an adult section on the forum, only 18+ members may visit. Surely there is a VB Mod that allows this?

Editing posts and infractions are better methods for managing language problems in posts rather than closing an entire thread. Just because one's person's post in a thread, be it the OP or a comment, is mostly censored out, it doesn't mean that other people shouldn't have the opportunity to contribute to the discussion. Just mentioning, not saying I've seen a thread closed for what looks like language reasons.

Editing posts and infractions are better methods for managing language problems in posts rather than closing an entire thread. Just because one's person's post in a thread, be it the OP or a comment, is mostly censored out, it doesn't mean that other people shouldn't have the opportunity to contribute to the discussion. Just mentioning, not saying I've seen a thread closed for what looks like language reasons.

Look at what happens whenever that occurs though, people whine and ----- about censorship and the mods taking sides.

In fairness some of them had what can safely be described as "adult" language. Like it or not kids visit here, and as adults its our job to make sure this place is clean.

I'm already bracing for the motherload of negative rep.

It's more the fact that there is no reason given for the locking that I'm opposed to...

And this is nothing like /b/, thank ----.

It's more the fact that there is no reason given for the locking that I'm opposed to...

The reasons for the lockings are normally pretty self explanatory from what I've seen, nothing thats outside what's covered in the rules.

Threads are never closed unless there is a good reason for it.
If you look through the threads, you may even find the reasons all by yourself. ;)

At least post the reasons for the stupid people on fws.

That's a bit unsporting:p

There's an issue though when talking to other adults on a forum, you loose sight of the fact kids are here too, it's quite an easy mistake to make.

I'm looking forward to what stan has to say on this;)

We don't have to post a reason.
As said, they are self explanatory. Just look through the threads. The reasons lie within.
I'm not sure what threads this whole deal is in reference to, but the last two closures in GD were totally necessary. I think there almost always seems to be an obvious reason for thread closures.

We don't have to post a reason.
As said, they are self explanatory. Just look through the threads. The reasons lie within.
Come on man. Like the drunken Ben one. That was funny. Gave me something to cheer me up in a one miserable day.

Come on man. Like the drunken Ben one. That was funny. Gave me something to cheer me up in a one miserable day.

I don't know what threads exactly you guys are referring to, to be honest. But I am sure there were genuine reasons for them being closed or deleted.

Back