• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Will there ever be a GREAT film based on a great game?

TRUNKS

Something
NLC
More and more games are being made into movies, despite the current slate is severely underwhelming.. Do you think one day, there will be a excellent movie based on a game, even if it is just loosely similar?

At the moment there are films being made based on Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Silent Hill, Metroid Prime, Rainbow Six, Doom, Tekken ...I think there was another two but I forgot :confused4

I think they will make Final Fantasy, just cause it has been such a huge game over the years.

after the pirates of the caribbean, a good monkey island movie would be cool!
i said a good !

stabme said:
hasn't a final fantasy movie already been made? :confused4

Yeah, and it sucked.

Unlike Streetfighter the movie which was spectacular! :tongue2:

persiansniper said:
how about tomb raider. Or was the movie first. I have no idea.
The games came first.

I personally disliked the movie.

Mind you, I dislike most action movies.

stabme said:
what about mortal kombat? ;)

Hahahaha, I remember seeing Total Annihilation or whatever the second one was called. It was ridiculously lame. Even the special effects sucked.

Blank Verse said:
I think they should make a movie based on Pong.
pong. LOL. taking place in the future, their planet is being invaded, and need to assemble a fleet to keep the giant photon bombs from coming up. but the enemy has caught up to them and they have ricochet ships as well! oh noes~!

How about Super Mario Bros : The Movie. "This ain't no game!" was the slogan. I used to have a poster in my room...but last week I decided it was time to retire it to the trash.

...much like the game.

John Leguizamo played Luigi, I believe. I don't remember who played Mario, but it really should have been Ron Jeremy.

mortal kombat was a great movie, and so was its sequel..

although i must say, street fighter was the best movie... EVER

I loved both mortal kombats, and always will. I hated Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy sucked, Resident Evil was cool, Street Fighter was ok, and I dont think I will fight the urge of not wanting to see House of the Dead.

IIRC, Doom has been in production or has been rumored for the last century, as well as Duke Nukem. I dont think it will ever happen. But mad props to the sequal to Resident Evil. When I saw the trailer to that, I nearly wet myself. I'm still waiting for my full length motion picture of Zelda.

Back