• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by STEELE

1. S

whats a good cgi hots!? fsc is driving my visitors away!!!

Eh? Free Coke? Gimme some details. :D Heh heh.
  2. S

hmmmmmmmmmm..........

good points there.... I thought as much, myself. I already have my sites hosted at Worldzone. So I wasn't really interested in 1 Dollar Hosting, myself. Mostly just trying to stir up the pot, and see what floated to the top, as they say. lol.
  3. S

new fwp

Re: .. Nope. Not kidding a bit. The only difference between a namedemo domain and a regular one, that someone has already paid for is the $50 it takes to transfer it from namedemo to the owner. Which I plan to do if it doesn't sell. It's a good domain. Just got it back when I didn't...
  4. S

Where can I....

One service like that, which I have been very happy with, is uni.cc, because theirs is set up like a regular domain. With DNS and everything. All they require is a link back.
  5. S

hmmmmmmmmmm..........

Anyone use these guys? Seems a bit...odd... http://www.1dollarhosting.com
  6. S

Xoasis

I get frustrated pretty easily with sites that don't work. And Xoasis is one of them. I gave up on the file manager pretty quick. It didn't work very well at all. But that didn't bother me, because I could use FTP. Of course, I could never get any CGI/etc. working. And popups are my...
  7. S

WORLDZONE

I have several sites on Worldzone. And I'm also one of the support team. I'm completely satisfied with Worldzone's hosting.
  8. S

CGI, ASP, PHP hosting???

So let me get this straight... You want a free host, with no banners (and thus, no revenue to keep in business) and you also want them to allow you to run scripts, which bog down the server even more? I don't understand this. I've always stayed away from sites that don't have banners...
  9. S

Awesome Host!! Everything u could ask 4!

Overall, I think it's the best. For the extra megs of space, you'd just have to sign up for multiple free accounts. No big deal. And the bottom banners are a lot better than the popups you'd get at somewhere like virtualave.net. However, if you have to have FTP, virtualave is probably the...
  10. S

new fwp

I have the domain Superlinx.net through namedemo.com. I was planning on using it for something else, but I'm willing to sell it.
  11. S

Paid Hosts That Claim Unlimited Everything

why? mostly because it's hard to catch someone on the internet for doing that. and it's hard to prove. if someone were to try and bust all the people doing it, they would catch one site, and ten others would pop up doing the same thing. that, and who should regulate it? is it in the...
  12. S

Awesome Host!! Everything u could ask 4!

I don't know if I can make this reply, being a volunteer with their tech support team, but I think worldzone.net is probably the best free host you can find.
  13. S

Geocities

Netscape The problem is that AOL owns Netscape, now. You think they're going to make it a good browser, when it might interfere in some small way with their software? I don't think so. They're going to run it into the ground, just like Vince McMahon is going to run WCW into the ground.
  14. S

Fed up with WorldZone...

MySQL downtime on WZ Worldzone is in the process of moving to the other NOC right now. A few things have gone a little bit screwy in the process, on the old server. (Secretly suspects the old NOC of foul play, and tampering...)
  15. S

Host which costs a little bit more than nothing

**UPDATE** Just as an update to the above posts, Worldzone does allow people to direct a subdomain to a subdirectory within their account, now.
Back