• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. T

domain.kg

Hi, I happened to register a *.com.kg address. I wanted to pay for it when it went "paid-for", but domain.kg didn't bother to tell me how, so it dropped. They are now holding it hostage, i.e. I can't reregister it. And they aren't responding to my emails. What can I do? I do not want...
  2. T

bandwidth monitoring

Sorry for posting this here too, but the free webspace forum is so crowded.... :( I'm looking for a script or an online site with which I can monitor the bandwidth I use on geocities. Anybody? trekchick
  3. T

geocities bandwidth question

For the third time in a month, geocities has emailed me saying that my site uses to much bandwidth and needed to be shut down. From my calculation I didn't use as much as they say - I only have an average of two visitors a day and my files aren't large. (I also uploaded nothing, in case you...
  4. T

downloads/abandonware for Win 3.11?

Hi, does anybody know here of sites that store downloads/abandonware for Win 3.11? I mean programs that run on a x86 CPU with Win 3.1/3.11 as OS. I'm especially interested in word processing programs and stuff to do with the internet and webdesign. Specifically I'm looking for Netscape...
  5. T

old Star Trek site with new design - please review

Hi, could you please tell me what you think of the new design of my site ? You can also look at some pages under http://www.doctorfuhqfest.com.kg/storiestwo . (No minors! No homophobes!) :nervous: Thanks. Trekchick
  6. T

yet another dumb question

Somebody please be so nice and tell me what telnet/ssh is, what you use it for besides databases and how do you to use it, preferably under Windows 2000. Step by step for little clueless liberal arts student girls. I have to set up a database on my hosts sql server using telnet/ssh access...
  7. T

question about CSS

Alright, I've a had it once again. For the whole evening I've been fighting with CSS. For some unknown reason my browser (IE 5.x, Win 2000 on linuxcluster) won't display the page correctly when I preview it. It completly ignores the rel link to the CSS file. Does anybody have an...
  8. T

how long for .net domain?

I registered a .net with dabot yesterday and now I want to know how long it takes them. I'm worried, because when I log into their panel, it says I got no domain. :( But they thanked me for the money! :fork: It's really urgent that this domain comes through ASAP. Please answer me, I only...
  9. T

newbie question

Hi, this clueless newbie needs an advertiser to help paying for the webspace and bandwidth. I know that I get about 300 unique visitors/month to my index site -I know that this is low-, but I know the age, gender and education structure of my visitors and what they are interested in and what...
  10. T

Am I the only one who...

Am I the only one who doesn't like these terms of service? I thought I had found the perfect host for my purposes, and now I see this. Do you think that I can trust them besides that? With these TOS they look pretty much like a flight-by-night operation to me. TIA, trekchick
  11. T

elitehost and/or haisoft ?

Anybody know/ever heard anything about www.elitehost.com and www.haisoft.net ? trekchick :chicken:
  12. T

How do I...

Hi, is there an easy way to set up a tiny free hosting site? If I get myself a 100mb account and a domain, how can I give away 5mb of space to my friends? I want them to have domain.org/username and a controlpanel they can control their account with. No frills - just webspace for a few...
  13. T

looking for "combined" hosting

Hi, are there any hosts that offer hosting which combines advertisement and paid-for? I do not want to pay 8US$ a month, but would rather recieve "product news" from a sponsor once a week. (NO ADS on the site!) I'm willing to pay maybe 2 or 3 US$ a month, but not more. TIA...
Back