• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. Lapras

vetting melbourne it

Can anyone tell me more about Melbourne IT from a reliability standpoint? Such as their ability to secure a domain, and their responsiveness to customers. For instance, I've heard some nightmare stories about some registrars that basically takeover some else's domain, lock them out or even...
  2. Lapras

fastest hosts?

For instance I was looking into Peer1 which according to Alexa.com was in the 57th percentile for speed. I don't know if that's accurate or not. But I am not sure how to determine if a host can really deliver on speed and reliability (and I mean probably Managed Hosting or at least dedicated...
  3. Lapras

Can anyone tell me the name of this song?

Its the audio for the video here: http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/carrera/index.lbl?lang=en I really like the tune but I don't know the name so tracking it down could be really tricky.
  4. Lapras

[PHP] header switching for languages

I am looking to change the specific lines of uniform parts of the code depending on which language the user wants the page in. Example index.php?lang=ru index.php?lang=en
  5. Lapras

Looking for advice on expanding website

Hi, I have been looking to expand my website in a few ways: 1)I am hoping to make it into a more comprehensive website - with diverse contents including items such as arts, academia, sciences, religion, politics, op ed, new, etc ... 2)I would like to increase my visitors, there is not a...
  6. Lapras

Which do you think is more difficult?

Which do you think is more difficult, Juggling 12 Balls or 12 Butcher Knives? I've asked this question a few times and usually get the same answer.
  7. Lapras

Php Imap Help

Hello, I was recently experimenting with a script that I was writing, trying to send pop mail with imap(); , my server has IMAP enabled in PHP 5. How can I get this to work?
  8. Lapras

Looking for Advice about managing an Open Source Project (Numerous Questions)

My QuestionRanked in order of importance. 1. What does it take to manage an open source project when you have collaborators (ie. Communication, required time, responsibilities, anything that would be useful to know)? 2.What would be an effective way to get the project done (that is, get out a...
  9. Lapras

A little CSS Question

Hello, on one of my websites, there has been a little issue that has been bothering me. I use graphics as navigation buttons. The problem is that because they are links they are outlined on some browsers, such as firefox. I could try to deactive underlining for the enter page, but then it would...
  10. Lapras

Just started an open source project.

Hello, I just opened an open source project, I am new to the subject and to scripting beyond a few basics I have used in my webpages over the years. I am posting to ask for opinions on how you find reliable collaborators. My main concern is that if I admit the wrong person I may find that...
  11. Lapras

Other - New to Source Forge

I recently started a project at sourceforge.net, the problem tha (using an SFTP client) I have not been able to upload any files, to the web content area. Specifically there has been a "connection failed message". Precisely what do I have to do to configure and connect to source forge's content...
  12. Lapras

Looking for Advice on Macromedia Studio MX 2004 w/Flash Pro

When Macromedia Studio MX 2004 w/Flash Pro first came out I thought I would wait for a newer version still before I would upgrade. Now it is June 2005 and the release has not changed. I am reconsidering my previous thinking on the matter, however two things concern me, when will they becoming...
  13. Lapras

Free and Opensource software and it's effectiveness.

I am currently working on a script, I intend it to be free and open source. One thing that I don't know much of is if the software is free is there any way of knowing ahead of time how much more effective it will be at being used? If it serves a good use for example but works best when more...
  14. Lapras

Does anyone know how I can do this?

I am trying to get an image to fade in but I'm not sure how I should go about producing the transitions, how many, etc. If anyone has done this before an can give me some advice I would like to hear it. -Lapras :-)
  15. Lapras

Advice on my first PHP script. (PHP)

Hi everyone, I just started out learning PHP. I have a script idea and anyway, I have a question to ask. My script (which when I'm done with I will announce) has a function where it can resolve a domain name IP. At least, that's what I want it to do. How can I set my script up so it can get an...
  16. Lapras

Can Anyone Identify the speed for this?

One of my hosts according to cpanel's Machine type runs an i686. Can anyone tell me what speed processor that is?
  17. Lapras

Theoretically more secure?

I had an idea and I was wondering if others though it would matter in preventing autosign-up. Sometimes a turing number or random word is used to verify that a human is signing up for something and not an automated program. Now while it can surely be circumvented by truly sophisticated software...
  18. Lapras

A question for those with forums and contributor based sites.

When it comes down to choosing moderators and who can contribute, how do you know you can trust a user with access to the site like that? Since my sites or some of them are brand new to the public what should I do or look for (I have a website for years but this time I am trying to launch them...
  19. Lapras

[PHP and/or .htaccess] Naming Articles in a Directory

How could I set up my page so directories could update themselves with the title of any new content added? I ask this becuase I am working on a page that would involve articles to be written from many different users some of which could not index their files not being the most web savvy...
  20. Lapras

CMS opinion question.

Hello everyone, Can anyone tell me what they think is the best Content Management System (CMS)? I ask because I am working on a website where the contributors review games but don't neccessarily know anything about code.
Back