• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Geekrack Is Back!!! Take Cover!

I hope shequeita never paid you for that template, as you would have sweet f all right to sell it on.

Edit - also i assume you transfered the clients information too?

I hope shequeita never paid you for that template, as you would have sweet f all right to sell it on.

I'd say if she owes him money it's reasonable enough. Of course morals and the law may clash over this one. But for shequeita to bring about complaints and such she would have to deal with a ---- load of angry creditors first, so really I don't think anyone's going to complain.

From my memory of the situation I dont think She did pay justin for the template technically. Justin - email me ;)

she never paid me anything. she was supposed to, but, i never got anything. also, she got the original layout somewhere else, i just moded it to her specs, but, still never got paid.

Lol so technically Justin, you don't even have the right to sell the design? If you never bought it then you don't have the rights to sell it to this new guy...unless I missed something in between.

Wow this is confusing!

So apparently Justin sold the backup and design to Jason S but shouldn't have because he didn't technically own the design. Then Shequita is in the mix as well...

Things should be fine given she doesn't come back.

Good luck getting this problem solved.

Lol so technically Justin, you don't even have the right to sell the design? If you never bought it then you don't have the rights to sell it to this new guy...unless I missed something in between.

i have the right to sell the work that i have done. it would be like a client paying you to code a template they downloaded, which is what happened. there was an original template psd file, that was modified, but, what i charged for was all the coding i did, not the actual template. anyways, even if it is shequeita, who cares. we all know not to use her service again, so, oh well.

i have the right to sell the work that i have done. it would be like a client paying you to code a template they downloaded, which is what happened. there was an original template psd file, that was modified, but, what i charged for was all the coding i did, not the actual template. anyways, even if it is shequeita, who cares. we all know not to use her service again, so, oh well.

Lol that doesn't work buddy. You would ONLY be entitled to sell your coding and NOT any of the images or the design of the template. Sure you can sell your code but without the actual content but that would just be silly and nobody would use it.

It's like saying I come up with a tune for a jingle..and you come up with the words - together its a jingle...but just because you came up with the words and I came up with the tune doesn't mean the jingle is yours UNLESS I sold my rights to you.

And as to your last part...very bad attitude there. Two wrongs don't make a right. As far as I'm concerned you just put yourself to the same level that she did. And it's funny that you would say that about her now but you were one of the strong supporters for geekrack. Funny how life works eh? How quickly you can go from bashing something that you once protected and worked so hard for.

YOU had no right to sell that template. She scammed all of us. I had a backup as well. I assume I should use it?

i have the right to sell the work that i have done.
Do you have rights to sell host backups? Does anyone have the right to sell host backups? I can imagine a heck of a lot of clients would be after your arse if their info got into the wrong hands. I know I would be! :mad:

Anyone intentionally buying a host's backups is equally despicable.

Anyone intentionally buying a host's backups is equally despicable.

Like PC-Core.net? :p Sorry had to get that in.

Biggest question mate is - did the backup have the databases in it?
That's the bad bit, if it did you have to get it back and remove and delete those before it goes anywhere else for whatever reason. And not just a promise from the 'new' person that they'll not use it!

Like PC-Core.net? :p Sorry had to get that in.

Biggest question mate is - did the backup have the databases in it?
That's the bad bit, if it did you have to get it back and remove and delete those before it goes anywhere else for whatever reason. And not just a promise from the 'new' person that they'll not use it!

If the backups are whats being used on the new site then the databases were not transferred over. I had both a client whmcs and a admin whmcs account on the old GR whmcs and now neither work. So I don't think that the backups included the database. However I could be wrong

UK2WEB

The design we were using was posted on the internet for free including the PSD and whole public_html backup. We are not related to any other hosting site that use or have used this theme. So for now we have removed the site and we will be getting a new one very shortly.

Current clients have been e-mailed with their details and we will keep you updated on when the new site will arrive.

How dare they restore a forum backup with another client details from a another business? What kind of a data privacy is that? Forum includes all the names, locations, IPs, emails, birth dates of all the registered clients. Maybe the billing area as well?... If I was a former GeekRack customer I would be absolutely furious right now. This is solid grounds for legal action.

How dare they restore a forum backup with another client details from a another business? What kind of a data privacy is that? Forum includes all the names, locations, IPs, emails, birth dates of all the registered clients. Maybe the billing area as well?... If I was a former GeekRack customer I would be absolutely furious right now. This is solid grounds for legal action.
And how dare anyone have the gall to let them have it! pirate2

Bit strange all these people having backups in the first place - all except the clients that is!!!

[JSH]John;1017034 said:
So she's not back. Bit strange to sell an entire backup to someone though.

We still don't know who owns it, though John.

How come Justin says he sold them the backup, yet uk2web clearly says

The design we were using was posted on the internet for free including the PSD and whole public_html backup. We are not related to any other hosting site that use or have used this theme. So for now we have removed the site and we will be getting a new one very shortly.

Current clients have been e-mailed with their details and we will keep you updated on when the new site will arrive.

Hm? Obviously it's not Jason.

WTF! Posted on the internet for free - including the vB database! Who did that then???

Back