• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HOW TO: How No Limit Hosting Is Possible - CWahi.Net's Setup

How can there be? There HAS to be a limit, be it however high.

Same with Bandwidth, there HAS to be a limit on how much a single or multiple connections can carry.

Exactly. So then "unlimited" hosting is not really impossible. All that needs to exist is for the total space and bandwidth to be at or above the total amount of data. ;) This is, for all intents and purposes, unlimited.

Exactly. So then "unlimited" hosting is not really impossible. All that needs to exist is for the total space and bandwidth to be at or above the total amount of data. ;) This is, for all intents and purposes, unlimited.

No.

Unlimited means without limit, as far as I am aware, even the biggest hard drive out today has a limit to how much it can store.

You are thinking about unmetered. Which basically means it's not monitored individually, but as a whole, when more space is needed, more space is added.

So once again;

Unlimited = Without Limit = Impossible
Unmetered = Monitored as a whole = Possible

Last edited:
Ok. Each server you have has a limit right? If you agree with that, then you will agree with this:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS UNLIMITED!!!!! STOP TELLING YOUR CUSTOMERS WHO PAY YOU LOADS OF MONEY LIES!!!!

What he is saying is his server arrangement is such that long before any customers actually hit a limit, it trips an email to him saying "hey time to buy more hardware and slave it in so that everything keeps going. People would have to upload terabytes per second to actually max out his design.

I can't help but envy the people that have the time and money to create such an infastructure. Maybe someday my one lonely Dedicated 1U will have grown such a business that it will occupy an entire datacenter all by itself with such a large setup.

And yes, there really is no way to know for sure if you really are getting unlimited or not. I just know that sites selling unlimited either make small hosts quite uneconomical, or are outright scams.

Put in fancier terms Seraphim, you're talking about the story of business scaling. Small hosts ... *should* be "uneconomical". What slips in here is at the "1-man-shop" level some really weird reverse synergies show up in the form of no business-partner trust issues, total control over the client spread, etc. If the guy likes having exactly 2001 clients and makes his way in his little corner of the net, power to him.

The minute you really decide to reach as a business you have to be prepared for a mega leap in everything. 15 more servers, a full company team, policies, payroll, liability, the works.

Back