• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pivotal Web Hosting

NetCafe said:
redz, good for you. Hope you have their data or they are going to be pissed!

Anyway, we ahev a reputation to protect and is prepared to write everything off and tell our client to start from scratch if they have to. Waiting endlessly is not a good business decision at all.

Shouldn't pivotal say something? Its always bad to keep clients in the dark.

guys doesnt he have msn or yahoo or email id where u can directly contact him if ur hosted by them ?

We emailed them, no reply. Dunno about the rest but I guess having no luck too.

We are having problems restoring the backup and if we cannot then we will have to ditch it and start from scratch. We have decided to go with a new dedicated server so we can control every aspect of our hosting since we have good clients and traffic.

If you want to get information about pivotal,
You can get their msn/aim from PivotalWebhosting user profile.
You can get the phone number/address etc from whois.sc/pivotalwebhosting.com

No reply from pivitol?

Come on, i got about $7000 of data in those few gigs I have...

I dont want to swich, he's the best host ive had, but realy... Can't he post something and come online?

This is days after he said it will be online... I'm getting pissed off.

I know he's sorry.. but damit! a week down? It takes me 20 mins to move one site... The only way this is reasonable is if he has [8400/25=x, x=336] around 300-400 clients.

cvxdes said:
No reply from pivitol?

Come on, i got about $7000 of data in those few gigs I have...

I dont want to swich, he's the best host ive had, but realy... Can't he post something and come online?

This is days after he said it will be online... I'm getting pissed off.

I know he's sorry.. but damit! a week down? It takes me 20 mins to move one site... The only way this is reasonable is if he has [8400/25=x, x=336] around 300-400 clients.

http://whois.sc/pivotalwebhosting.com shows about 442 sites, which if that's the truth, .... well, let's just say that's more the reason for YOU to be mad. :shame:
Certainly must be bringing in enough Cash to have some sort of redundancy in place this whole time!

CVXDES

No one is saying pivotal is no good. Its been weeks, mind you and clients may not be as patient as us. Some of our clients are PAID clients with more than 1000s hits a day.

I understand from his posting that once we change DNS, it'll be alright but its been 24 hours and still nothing. Whats the point of a working server with cpanel accessible via IP address with nothing on it?

last I logon, we lost everything which was supposed to be copied to the new server?

Nobody likes to move, especiallly if you have 100 sites or so with you in that few gigs of space, that I agree with you.

No postings, no updates, nothing! how long more can you or your client wait?

Another week?

yes, he will be on like in a few hours i hope, because usually he is on around that time 6pm-10pm eastern. I speak to him everyday also trying to find out more about the problem etc.

Good if you can catch him. All our domains and sites are gone from his server. Now still trying to restore our main site. Clients very unhappy.

We are still working to restore some smaller accounts, however all resellers have been restored. DNS propagation is the real killer right now. We have no further news or updates, and redz has cancelled their hosting plan with us.

Great to see things being done. So can we use our domain now? I have pointed them to a temp space. I meant l07, l08 and l09.net

Can you please check them?

I personally restored your entire account NetCafe, so if they were part of your account when our previous server went down, then they will be part of your account now.

EDIT: I just checked your cPanel config file, and yes, those three domains are included.

Last edited:
Kevin, thanks for the effort, a bit late but worth the wait. I will move the domain back from the temp. Brent will be very happy.

Kevin, as of now, all the subs are gone! The folders are still there but the subs's config are all gone.

Last edited:
PivotalWebHosting said:
We are still working to restore some smaller accounts, however all resellers have been restored . DNS propagation is the real killer right now. We have no further news or updates, and redz has cancelled their hosting plan with us.

Mine isnt! :doh!: :doh!: :doh!:

Users should realize that this is not a support forum. I am sure that a host has emails and other method for users to contact, kitzter, you should use them.

Back