• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should same-sex marriages be made legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
stabme said:
i personally am not too fond of homosexuality. but that's not going to make me think gay marriage should be banned..
I personally am surprised that I, myself, am not now homophobic.

After an attempted attack upon myself, by 4 middle-age homosexuals in a heavily wooded area I became "homophobic", however I have managed to deal with it and no longer am.

(and no, I was not raped, the police showed up almost instantly, right before anything besides the disgusting taunting could happen.)

oh yes.. LOGICALLY, with all the social norms against homosexuality, do you think gays and lesbians WANT to be homosexual? NO! Most of them don't, and that's but the simple truth. There are other's that don't care, but those are the ones that don't pay attention to the social norms. The others that do notice the hostility don't want to be homosexual, but they can't decide it. Many try to change themselves, and they end up becoming bisexual. But unfortuantely, that's not real. It's not innate. And usually it never lasts.

You can't choose whether you're homosexual and heterosexual. Bisexuality is an iffy subject, though.

stabme said:
You can't choose whether you're homosexual and heterosexual. Bisexuality is an iffy subject, though.
Yes, bisexuality is a very touchy subject.

At my first high-school it was trendy for girls to be "bisexual".

I'm not really sure how I feel about the whole issue.

the only thing im confused with bisexuality is: whether is a biological thing (can't be changed by environment), or whether it's learned (repressed homosexuals trying to be hetero)... or could they actually be both? :/

and then of course there's those who jsut talk bullcrap and say 'oh im bi!!' because they're idiots. and then those that say it because they're confused.

stabme said:
and then of course there's those who jsut talk bullcrap and say 'oh im bi!!' because they're idiots. and then those that say it because they're confused.
There seems to be all too many horny teenagers out there who claim to be "bisexual" just so they can get a little extra play.

dude42726 said:
Lesbians should marry. Normal Staright People Should marry. Nothing else besides that.
That has to be the most childish remark posted in this thread.

What good reason is there for female homosexuals to marry but not males?

Archbob said:
I don't see how it can be "trendy" for anyone to be bisexual.
You're right, I wouldn't actually call it "bisexuality", I'd call it experimenting or "bi-curious".

From what I saw at my previous high-school was alot of girls, mostly those around age 16, "experimenting" with other females.

It was the "in" thing for a while, but the trend eventually died down.

I know someone who was once Homosexual for 50 years, but now is not. Homosexuality can be linked to experiences one has in their life, she was raised as a boy and watched her mom raped. I think those who claim that it is linked to genetics are just trying to find a quick answer to rubber stamp Homosexuals so that while not saying its wrong be homosexual, the are saying it is a defect.

I have mixed view on this subject. Personally, I don't like homosexuality, don't believe in it, and don't think they should be able to marry.

But on the other hand, it doens't affect me whether or not they can, so I really don't care either way.

At the end of the day, I see most homosexual males like I see stupidly fat girls. It's generally (from my homophobic(?) (anti-fat(?) viewpoint) unattractive, it sure wouldnt be pleasant if any of them were particularly attracted to me, but I respect their right to be whatever the hell they choose to be. Ain't none of my business. Of course there are really two issues here when it comes to marriage, no. 1 should homosexuals get the same legal rights (tax cuts, rights to spouses pension if spouse dies etc...)
and then no. 2 should homosexuals simply be treated in exactly the same manner as heterosexuals.
Seems to me for no. 2 to ever apply it'd need a proper seperation of church n state, in the UK this'd mean stopping the queen being "defender of the faith" and throwing out the "lords spiritual", in the USA I don't know how the hell it could be accomplished, but still.

Just a thought I want to reiterate.

From what i noticed, many people justify homosexuality as natural because it is apparently genetic. Now my following argument assumes homosexuality is wrong, k?

Homosexuality is genetic, therefore it should not be classified as a disease.
Phenylketonuria is also genetic, therefore it should not be classified as a disease.
So is down's syndrome, so is G6PD Deficiency, and McArdle's syndrome, or schizophrenia (proven genetic link) or any other of kaboodles of diseases.
I'm overweight. Right now there is proof that is genetic, therefore I shouldn't try to lose weight coz i can't? coz it's in my genes?

Oh and to clarify, currently homosexuality is not considered a disease by psychiatry, but gender identity disorder is. The difference? The homosexual male says, "I'm a guy, and I like fellow guys." The second says, "I've got a guy's body, but deep inside I know I'm a gal." Just thought you guys want to know..

Well thanks to all you homophobics !!!

I left my almost wife who I have 2 kids with, for a man, and I am a man.

We are getting married at the end of august in Amsterdam.

Thanks !
That was a joke, I am hetrosexual, this thread I started is going full steam.

Robert said:
Give them an inch and they'll take a while? All they are wanting is to be treated equal. Women at one point weren't treated equal in this country; black either.

As far as your PM going to apologize, the Pope apologized for what Hilter did in WWII. He didn't have to, but he did. He wanted people to realize that because it's over, doesn't mean it never happened. But I'm not sure how that related to same-sex marriage.

Gays are not wanting tax breaks, or have permission to park in handicap parking spaces or even want to be able to openly show gay movies at theatres. They just want equal rights. I thought this country was better than this.

and those two groups still aren't treated equally... only on paper.

the example i used being that just because some people want it, doesn't mean it should happen.. or shouldn't happen... i was just giving an example of where public pressure hasn't caused the government to give in.

what i'm trying to say is.. the government might see it as if they give them what they want now, they'll come back later asking for more, and keep refering back to a situation when they gave them what they want, and the government will have to keep giving in.

i'm not saying that its wrong or right, i'm just trying to see it from the government's point of view.

tandoc said:
and those two groups still aren't treated equally... only on paper.

the example i used being that just because some people want it, doesn't mean it should happen.. or shouldn't happen... i was just giving an example of where public pressure hasn't caused the government to give in.

what i'm trying to say is.. the government might see it as if they give them what they want now, they'll come back later asking for more, and keep refering back to a situation when they gave them what they want, and the government will have to keep giving in.

i'm not saying that its wrong or right, i'm just trying to see it from the government's point of view.
Ok I understand now.

pro5ject said:
Well thanks to all you homophobics !!!

I left my almost wife who I have 2 kids with, for a man, and I am a man.

We are getting married at the end of august in Amsterdam.

Thanks !
That was a joke, I am hetrosexual, this thread I started is going full steam.

To use this as an example of my personal philosophy: If you claim to be a Christian, I'd remind you of the Bible. If not, I'd congratulate you for being happy, even though i believe it's wrong. But I'd still be glad you're happy.

the bible is the word of man.. every person has a different interpretation of what the omnipotent and benevolent being wants of us

tandoc said:
the bible is the word of man.. every person has a different interpretation of what the omnipotent and benevolent being wants of us
That's one opinion, and you're entilted to it. I disagree though. I believe laws are laws.

But to reiterate my position: some people choose not to be bound by laws they perceive as not really from God, that's their choice. But they should also respect ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back