• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should same-sex marriages be made legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wojtek said:
I hope your not saying that homosexuals have ovaries??? are you?
:rolleyes2

i'm not saying they do, its the fact that homosexuality doesn't contribute to procreation.. at least within our species? :eek:

President George W Bush has said he will carry on trying to make homosexual marriages illegal in the US after a constitutional amendment on the issue was defeated by the Senate.

He is right in this case.

kamalkhan said:
He is right in this case.
The Consitution has attempted to be modified 11,000 times, all of them have been declined. Changing the Consitution is too extreme.

If he's against same sex, fine don't approve it, let another President do it. But if modifies the Consitution, a document that has created By the People, For the People, we're big introuble.

Uh.. what about all them amendments, like the one that *gasp* prohibited liquor (thankfully repealed). Those are modifications right?

spec said:
Like I stated earlier, Human Attraction and love is for reproduction. If Homosexuality is genetic then it defeats the purpose and therefore is not normal.

Qualitities such as staying faithful to one's spouse, turning the other cheek, and loving your neighbor are inherently unnatural as well in the evolutionary sense.

Well, mankind is infamous for not conforming with nature. Remember Agent Smith's monologue about humans using up resources then moving on? (From the first Matrix movie)

Man this topic has really branched out...

That's why when we are once again reduced to packs of people fighting over the last scraps of bread at the end of World War IV, we'll be wishing we did conform to nature much earlier, instead of having a civil war between homosexuals and heterosexuals around the world.

I didnt read any of this thread, so please forgive me if what I say is non-sequitur, ignorant or just plain wrong.

I'd assume Bush is looking to preserve the sanctity of mairrage.

If that's the case why not move to make divorce illegal?

Mazinkaiser said:
While I'd agree with you on a religious standpoint, we must admit that not everyone shares our religious beliefs.
So why don't you admit that not everyone shares your religious beliefs on homosexuals and let them get married?

Mazinkaiser said:
Just a thought I want to reiterate.

From what i noticed, many people justify homosexuality as natural because it is apparently genetic. Now my following argument assumes homosexuality is wrong, k?

Homosexuality is genetic, therefore it should not be classified as a disease.
Phenylketonuria is also genetic, therefore it should not be classified as a disease.
So is down's syndrome, so is G6PD Deficiency, and McArdle's syndrome, or schizophrenia (proven genetic link) or any other of kaboodles of diseases.
I'm overweight. Right now there is proof that is genetic, therefore I shouldn't try to lose weight coz i can't? coz it's in my genes?

Oh and to clarify, currently homosexuality is not considered a disease by psychiatry, but gender identity disorder is. The difference? The homosexual male says, "I'm a guy, and I like fellow guys." The second says, "I've got a guy's body, but deep inside I know I'm a gal." Just thought you guys want to know..
for something to be considered a disease, it must be not only abnormal, but also disturbing and harmful to the given individual or to people around the given individual, or to society.

down syndrome, g6pd, mcardle's syndrom, schizophrenia, phenylketonuria... fulfill that. homosexuality doesn't.

again, things considered "disorders" or "diseases" or "disturbing" also vary on the social status on something or social beliefs and the like.

atlas said:
Qualitities such as staying faithful to one's spouse, turning the other cheek, and loving your neighbor are inherently unnatural as well in the evolutionary sense.

Not entirely true, evolution is just an excuse to create loopholes in logic so there is an argument against creationism. There are MANY instances in the natural world where animals only have one mate, many instances of hierachal species where they do not murder. How we evolved into such self-destructive, and backwards race is beyond me....

spec said:
Not entirely true, evolution is just an excuse to create loopholes in logic so there is an argument against creationism. There are MANY instances in the natural world where animals only have one mate, many instances of hierachal species where they do not murder. How we evolved into such self-destructive, and backwards race is beyond me....
whoa, hey! we've got someone who's sent from objective.jesussaves.us

see, in truth, if you want to go by a religious example, the vatican has accepted evolutionism. in fact, the bible is not to be taken literally. the vatican has accepted that instead of god creating blah blah and a man and woman, god created something with the ability to evolve. and there! it fits evolution.

evolutionism is just one perspective out of many in terms of human behavior. and it does explain many things. and there is a lot of proof. actually, how would you explain it? one day, there was nothing. the next day, the creatures you see here today are there? there isnt...any reason why some species are so alike? it's just mere coincidence, is it? hrm...

there aren't many species that have monogomous mates. the only ones i know of are humans, and some special sort of rat that lives in the desert. the rest? polygomous. there are also many murderous species. pirahna, to name one. murderous to each other? apes, gorillas. some sort of fish. lions. bulls. some species variant to deer.

and psychology courses baiscally say why people can be so self-destructive. it depends on the motivation. and sometimes its a mental disorder. and other times its stress. but others its an evolutionary instinct that worked well for our ancestors, but maladaptive today (one such is a direct cause of obesity; eating sweets helped people live back then, because food was so scarce; now, sweets are everywhere, but we're adapted to love them, therefore we can't stop with them and die from some sort of cardiovascular disease)

stabme said:
whoa, hey! we've got someone who's sent from objective.jesussaves.us

see, in truth, if you want to go by a religious example, the vatican has accepted evolutionism. in fact, the bible is not to be taken literally. the vatican has accepted that instead of god creating blah blah and a man and woman, god created something with the ability to evolve. and there! it fits evolution.

evolutionism is just one perspective out of many in terms of human behavior. and it does explain many things. and there is a lot of proof. actually, how would you explain it? one day, there was nothing. the next day, the creatures you see here today are there? there isnt...any reason why some species are so alike? it's just mere coincidence, is it? hrm...

there aren't many species that have monogomous mates. the only ones i know of are humans, and some special sort of rat that lives in the desert. the rest? polygomous. there are also many murderous species. pirahna, to name one. murderous to each other? apes, gorillas. some sort of fish. lions. bulls. some species variant to deer.

and psychology courses baiscally say why people can be so self-destructive. it depends on the motivation. and sometimes its a mental disorder. and other times its stress. but others its an evolutionary instinct that worked well for our ancestors, but maladaptive today (one such is a direct cause of obesity; eating sweets helped people live back then, because food was so scarce; now, sweets are everywhere, but we're adapted to love them, therefore we can't stop with them and die from some sort of cardiovascular disease)

Link me to where the Vatican accepts evolution, I am always interested in latest developments.

conkermaniac said:
So why don't you admit that not everyone shares your religious beliefs on homosexuals and let them get married?

Well it's the catholic's belief, and they are entitled to make an effort to stop what they believe is wrong.

[edit]

forgot to quote the person.. :eek:

Last edited:
tandoc said:
Well it's the catholic's belief, and they are entitled to make an effort to stop what they believe is wrong.

[edit]

forgot to quote the person.. :eek:
Yes that is correct, but that is only if marriage was enforced by the church and not the state. The Government enforces and approves marriage between two people. If they believe in God and the Catholic Religion, well great, the Church will recognize their marriage, but unless the Government recognizes it, it's worthless. If it was only the chuch that would recognize and approve marriages, and not the Government, then I would say yes, Bush is right, but he's not. He's mixing religious beliefs with reality.

Bush isn't Catholic.

I hope one of his daughters turn out to be a lesbian and decides to get married, now that'll be something interesting to watch.

Creationism has been losing alot of ground in the 20th century, mainly because lack of reference outside the bible, which isn't considered a historical document.

Now on the same-sex marriage issue: In our country there is separation of church and state. Now the church has the right not to recognize same-sex marriages but Bush has no right to say the state has the right to do the same.

Archbob said:
Creationism has been losing alot of ground in the 20th century, mainly because lack of reference outside the bible, which isn't considered a historical document.

Now on the same-sex marriage issue: In our country there is separation of church and state. Now the church has the right not to recognize same-sex marriages but Bush has no right to say the state has the right to do the same.
Exactly! Bingo! Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back