• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sig & gif forum storage

For a beginner starting out with frontpage definetly helps a lot. But if you want to do true blue coding you have to hand code. You can always design the basic layout with frontpage and hand code the rest.

But after you have become somewhat proficient in html you should quickly move away from frontpage to a program called Dreamweaver or you can use Adobe GoLive also, but most designers prefer dreamweaver simply beacuse it is more flexible.

There you go meow... being cryptic to the newbie!

Now bigperm will tell it like it is:

My advice to you midnight... it to go to www.geocities.com, and sign up for a free webpage. Use their online builder. DO that until you get the feel of it. Then start using frontpage express (you already have this on your computer I bet... goto start --> internet explorer --> fontpage express) and build all your pages from that. Then make a site with frames, a navigation frame on the left, and your content on the right. Do that for a while, until you get comfortable. Keep looking at the source code and reading up on html. Then move on to notepad to make all your pages... then you move on to CGI, PHP, SSI and all kinds of crazy things you can do on the web. This is the internent cycle. Nobody just 'knows' how to do make webpages, you start slowly and build a basic understanding of what you are doing, and you build from there.

Good luck.

Dear bigsperm - thanks for your info - I went to the site you gave the link to and signed up - but after looking over some the the extensive topics listed, I am going to have to think very hard about what's worth making a web site topic for - not easy either. Even though it's a walk through - I haven't the foggiest idea what to do. But, if I can find something to hide my art in (original start of thread), it will be worth a try. Thanks. This is not a simplistic task for me. I'm going a little faster than intended (was going to take a try at HTML first). But hopefully it will workout at least as a practice shot. Thanks
Midnight

Am I the only one that suspect the presence of Dusty in drag?
I own only one account and one secret account, neither of which is Midnight. :p Besides, I've never pretended to be someone else, at least not without making it blatantly obvious. I don't terrorize, everything I do has a point, even if at first I don't know what that point is.

Originally posted by LastActionHero

Now I'm beginning to sense a pattern. Meow, I'm on your side now :D ;)
You mean you haven't always been? :confused2

Uhuuuuu.....:nervous:

I think my typo was better, when I called bigperm PIGSPERM. And that was a genuine typo, too. ;) (It really was. You remember LeX?)

Originally posted by LastActionHero
OK whoever is on my side, Put Hail LastActionHero in their sigs :D
Let's hail LastActionHero with stones, why don't we? :D

meow... yeah, I remember. *lol* When I first saw that name my brain immediately interpreted it as "big sperm", then meow came up with this awesome new name..... :D:D

I actually didn't understand that it was Big Perm. I had problems spelling it because it was totally meaningless to me. :D

Back