• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Time to rebuild my host spread

Metrics

Back on topic, does the space/bandwidth of every hosts free package affect placement at all on the list?. I'm assuming no, but it would be nice to know.

Not quite. I have a few Manager's Coupon upgrades, but that's to even everyone out at 1GB space. This is deliberate to prevent overselling. (I don't even know what the bandwidth is since I don't use much.)

Right behind you, the next three hosts are in a dead even tie.

The low rung is hosts that had some problems, but are still yet here, and it's anyone's marathon.

Thanks for the update Brandon.
Free hosting isn't all flowers every day. But users would rather have a gutsy host with glitches than a whitewash one. In the digital age, news gets out anyway. Better to post a service tag than get hit with a slam thread.

New Year Note -

No one has totally folded yet, but a couple of hosts are at risk of a TKO cumulative-problems knockout. My primary system is down for a couple of weeks, so my first hard look is planned for about February 2010.

Getting near the end of Round 1.
Like the game show format it is modeled on, it's been a ride already.
FreezeHost has announced its retirement in its current incarnation.
Mwzaf has accumulated too many demerits and will be TKO'ed.
A couple of the others have down spots, but are still in the game.

We had some serious downtime in January, however, we have a pretty good reason! Here is a post I made on the FiniteMedia.com forums

There has been a significant chuck of downtime today due to a fire in the Portland OR area (where our data center is). Our apologies for this. If you would like more info, please hit the following link

http://www.katu.com/news/local/80899527.html

Position

We had some serious downtime in January, however, we have a pretty good reason! Here is a post I made on the FiniteMedia.com forums

There has been a significant chuck of downtime today due to a fire in the Portland OR area (where our data center is). Our apologies for this. If you would like more info, please hit the following link

http://www.katu.com/news/local/80899527.html

Yeah, tough events there.
But I have to treat events as they are... if I got into "Not My Fault" I'd get all tangled again. But you're still safely on the list, just lower.

Finite Media Note

... According to the owner, they also had some more mundane glitches as well as the more "epic" fire situation. Per Above, they're still on the list, but they have to slide down a notch or two.

Back