• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Update on Datablocks.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datablocks

Hey all!

Its John from Datablocks.

Its been a while, but I think its time I came out of the dark and back into the game.. :)

I have some great news about Datablocks.. or I should say the NEW Datablocks!

Datablocks is comming back to life with some new concepts and I would like to know from all of you, what you would like to see in the new service.. here are some things that are planned and already running in the Beta version of the new system..

First off, here is the new server layout:
Total of 11 servers all running as ONE in a load balanced cluster..
Each service running on the system has a backup to automaticaly take its place if it should fail.. for example, If one of our new webservers die, the other webservers automatically take over in its place.. nothing is lost!! NO DOWNTIME!!! 8 of the 11 servers could konk out and datablocks would still be up and running with no data lost!

The new service is going to concentrate on reliability and customer satisfaction.

Our new network backbone is a full duplex 100 meg/s connection to the internet via 3 seperate networks for reliability.

ok.. now for the fun part!
NO ADS ON YOUR SITES!!!
you will get PAID level quaility of hosting and service. You will be treated as a PAYING customer! the way you should be!

ok.. here is what we have planned so far ad I'd like your input..

yourname.datablocks.net OR
Free domain name available (registered in your name)
20 megs of space with the option to get as much as you need
1 gig of transfer per month with the option to get more!
pop3 mail access, yourname@yourname.com or @datablocks.net
web-based email for when your away from your computer
WAP based email for when your on the road!
full php and cgi access with your own cgi-bin
ASP support
Python support
ftp and webased access to your files
control panel to add/delete options from your account
MYSQL or POSTGRESSQL Database support
free DNS hosting - complete control over your domain
Full website and traffic stats available
No file restrictions, mp3's, etc are welcome!
SHELL access
File backups
SSL support!
Curl support
Full perl support with installed DBI's
Real Audio/Video Support

I almost forgot to mention this!!
FREE Dedicated server hosting for advanced users!! you will have the option to get your OWN server fully dedicated to your self..

You select the options you want in your control panel and they are imediatly activated and ready for you to use!

If there is anything else you think Datablocks should have, PLEASE! let me know!

Datablocks will be looking for Beta testers in the comming weeks as things progress, currently all the servers are in place and the back ends and management systems are in place.. coding is going on around the clock to bring us back!!

Its good to be back!

Take care!

John
Datablocks

Last edited:
i have a few questions......

#1) have you gone crazy??
#2) how on earth would you be able to provide such a service?? (being there is no ads)
#3) how long until it will close down again??

anywayz nuff of the questions....

it would be good if there is unlimited transfer or at lest 4gig/mo

i dont think it could be anymore perfect, but thats the prob, most of the fwh's that 'claim' to provide such services, lack funding and shut down, e.g spites.

ozefrog,

1) Nope! not crazy!!
2) New concept will be unvailed when the site comes out of beta testing
3) A long long time I hope!!! ALOT of money has been invested in servers, programmers, and bandwidth; plus a TON of time has been invested in getting it back up and running!

Its going to be great!

John

Datablocks

This new plan is sound and cant really fail, my "new concept" should work.. I have alot of investors and key strategic partnerships with existing internet companies to make it all work!

The old datablocks failed for 3 reasons:

1) lack of people (was just me running it)
2) lack of servers (ran on only one server with 50,000 users)
3) A hard drive failure on the one server

The new system has automatic backups that take over till hardware or software can be replaced, resulting in little to no downtime at all!

John
Datablocks.net

*This new plan is sound and cant really fail, my "new concept" should work.. *
Gee, that's reassuring. New concept that can't fail. That's what they say on TV shop. Have a brand new formula too?:D

And yeah, we know you have partnered with Tom since he has been looking for you. Disappeared a while? That's trustworthy.

You know, you talk a lot without mentioning one single fact.

soo like wat, does the site actually work. umm i went there and umm it goes "we will be back shortly" that supposed to happen, or is it just a funny downtime?

lol, man this hosting guy/gal/thing seeems promising, well someone tell me wat exactly is going on,

this guys really on earth, all that stuff FOR FREE!!! :D:D:D:rolleyes: :confused:, geez thats alot for free man, well u need beta test then mail me aswell alkaif@mac.com :D

chheerz :d

I think it's little pesky. I would like free domain too. Good luck with the beta testing. ;):p

free?

Originally posted by Datablocks
This new plan is sound and cant really fail, my "new concept" should work.. I have alot of investors and key strategic partnerships with existing internet companies to make it all work!
John
Datablocks.net
[/COLOR]

How do investers make any money back (no ads) ? What will keep the comp afloat, does'nt it need a return income ?

Sounds good (mabey to good),Good luck.:D :cool: :confused:

You ppl are suckers

I would not believe a word of what John is saying. His last host went down and this one will most likely follow in the same direction.

John prove to us that this time will be different.

Get someone else on this board to vouch for you.

or is it another solo operation!

You do not know the facts at all v-sector, you probably have heard all this through previous posts, which from what i read contradict each other.

12 months down the track if datablocks is still going, you will probably be one of the people asking, "how did you pull it off?" especially without adverts.

I also presume you will be a little jelous of him as he can provide his users with more soperior and reliable services than yours.

I wish to be a beta tester too even if I'm angry you disappeared last time. Could you please tell us what you plan to do to make money? Because on this board everyone is very suspicious of you, and other hosting companies that say they have a good plan to stay alive and close 2 weeks later. And where have you been the last months? Because of this Netcabins will probably not coming back. And I think Tom is going to sell is servers(Ref: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7817).
I still hope it's going to work.

Hoorah! About time Datablocks was back online. I had used their free hosting services for a while. They were pretty good when there weren't any server hiccups or problems with the database.

In terms of the things that the "all new" Datablocks is offering, I think it's wonderful and I do hope that it is a success.

I would be more than happy to also volunteer my services as a beta tester and I would then be able to review Datablocks' services on my radio show.

So, we are all winners here :D

Welcome back Datablocks :)

Welcome back John :)

Obviously you have or your sponsors have invested a lot of money into this. 11 servers and all. You are giving away a lot for free and that sounds to be a bit fishy. Let me your brand new idea of making money

1. Spam people's inbox with affiliate emails
2. Share with the user a part of the revenue they earn from their website.
3. Since you have said no ads, I'm guessing maybe you have some kind of innovative method which none of the big sites like yahoo and all have thought of to come out of the red :rolleyes: Trust me you will make more money from selling this idea to the big company to increase their profits than selling free hosting.

My advice tell the people what the new idea is. Even if you keep it in suspense people's expectations will increase sky high and eventually when you do come out with the new idea it might not be what they expect. plain psychology.

One more question are you parterning with Tom from Netcabins? Or are you two going the seperate way?

Best of Luck.

This sounds really good.

Why is everyone so hostile on this forum...this does not go for all. But so many people have to question every detail. I'm really disappointed.

Seriously, give the guy a chance. I hear something about he ran off or something, but whatever. You know, people can be forgiven and another thing...If you are so worried about a host being reliable, get a paid hosting account. You can always find another host to put your site on, so don't freak please.

Also, someone was saying datablocks.net was not up. Of course it isn't, he said the service was coming soon, he wants to know what everyone thinks.

Anywho, good luck datablocks and contact me for beta testing if you need it!

Phan ;)

John

John,
I wish to be a beta tester! Trust me John your service may collapse like mine did. I just wouldnt hope on keeping your service up forever. Im planning on putting my service back up but with restrictions. Here is what im going to offer:

FREE:
-20mb of space
-CGI-BIN
-FTP Access
-Web-Based Email (already online)
-Ability to upgrade to no-ads account
-PhP and MySQL support

PAID:
All of the above plus:
500mb
CGI-BIN with full support
Domain Hosting
NO ADS!
AND MUCH MORE.

See John you need to have like a pay plan, something to insure your service. If no ads on sites, then make a pay-service or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back