• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Update on Datablocks.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a little bit of skepticism is warranted here, given that Datablocks suddenly disappeared without a trace a while ago, not to mention the fact that I still can't think of anything foolproof enough to keep an ad-free FWP with all those features running for more than a week. But hey, I know naught of things like venture capital. Who knows what they've got up their sleeves?

So good luck to you, Tom and Datablocks Guy. You're certainly getting more done than I am at the ripe old age of 19 ;)

They have a plan for revenue...
Just wait and see.

I know Tom(netcabins) has been working with john(datablocks) to make this a sucessful project. Don't bash them. They're basically working for YOU, so appreciate it.

Tru...there is no point in discouraging these ppl....I bet if their service does do good...all the non believers will be the first to say..."I knew these guys were good" or some shit like that. Just let them do what they doing...it not like they askin anything from u. They doing it on their own. I like the idea...i have been waiting for a host like this....i hope it will be out soon before the summer ends so i can host my site of them.

I will offer to be a beta tester...if you guys at datablocks will allow it :)

Folks, grow up. ;) No one is bashing anyone. There is nothing wrong with healthy skepticism and asking questions. If you believe that is "hate" you need to get a change in perspective and reality. I for one am taking the wait and see approach and hope that it does work out. Good luck!

Originally posted by BC
Folks, grow up. ;) No one is bashing anyone. There is nothing wrong with healthy skepticism and asking questions. If you believe that is "hate" you need to get a change in perspective and reality. I for one am taking the wait and see approach and hope that it does work out. Good luck!

Agreed. It isn't a good idea to simply accept everything at face value, and act like if they disappeared once, there isn't a rather good chance of it happening again. Not that it is guaranteed they will or anything, we should give them a fair chance.

The optimistic target date is August 31st, but that isn't a promise. There's still a bit of work to do.

hehe, well i m waiting for these guys to open, well if u get ur site hosted by f2s.com u kinda get used to the amount of down times they have, but hell its worth the wait i guess ......................... :D

No file restrictions, mp3's, etc are welcome!

What about possible copyright problems. I'm sure this ties in somehow with the option to upgrade the bandwidth (as well as drawing many users) Is the bandwidth upgrade costly? Have you decided on the price of the dedicated servers yet?

Nothing but encouragement from me :)

some of this hostility and skepticism is a result of most ad-free host with self proclaimed stability going down the datadrain. I think if there are more successful ad free hosts that could change.

Originally posted by NC_TOM
Heheh.. to get a pretty good idea of our speed, try pinging http://www.xmission.com and compare that to the pings you get from the major FWPs. We'll be in the xmission datacenter.

Not that exceptional from here or they have a bad day.

xmission
Round Trip Time (in milliseconds) Max/Min/Av: 181/172/173
worldzonepro
Round Trip Time (in milliseconds) Max/Min/Av: 151/130/132
directoris
Round Trip Time (in milliseconds) Max/Min/Av: 54/51/52
dim8
Round Trip Time (in milliseconds) Max/Min/Av: 228/222/223
fws
Round Trip Time (in milliseconds) Max/Min/Av: 142/139/139

Hmm.. maybe they're having a slow day?

Anyway, it depends where you're located. Xmission is in Utah. Trust me everyone, ping isn't that important. My next door neighbor on 56k would ping faster than an OC48 in Asia but that does not mean his connection is better than the OC48, if you get what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back