• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Update on Datablocks.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind beta testing it. I just don't know if I would/could keep my site there. I guess I'll just have to see for myself.

How is John going to make money?

SIMPLE

He is going to have the same frickin' terms and conditions he had last time, in which it states he is free to do whatever he darn pleases with your name and all the info you give. Remember the old agreement??? He has the right to sell your name and information to anyone and he even owns your site or something.

If John has another plan in mind, then I'm all for it, but I suspect this is what he'll do.

Originally posted by Datablocks
I almost forgot to mention this!!
FREE Dedicated server hosting for advanced users!! you will have the option to get your OWN server fully dedicated to your self..

Ya, I will take a dedicated server. Also could I have root access too with no ads? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Originally posted by satelk
I wish to be a beta tester too even if I'm angry you disappeared last time. Could you please tell us what you plan to do to make money? Because on this board everyone is very suspicious of you, and other hosting companies that say they have a good plan to stay alive and close 2 weeks later. And where have you been the last months? Because of this Netcabins will probably not coming back. And I think Tom is going to sell is servers(Ref: http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7817).
I still hope it's going to work.

Actually NetCabins is coming back, we're even on the same system as DataBlocks providing the same services. Trust me, our new ad-free concept is foolproof. We'll be around for quite awhile.

Originally posted by Magic2K2
How is John going to make money?

SIMPLE

He is going to have the same frickin' terms and conditions he had last time, in which it states he is free to do whatever he darn pleases with your name and all the info you give. Remember the old agreement??? He has the right to sell your name and information to anyone and he even owns your site or something.

If John has another plan in mind, then I'm all for it, but I suspect this is what he'll do.

We won't be selling or giving away your info..

You know the old saying....

"If it's too good to be true, it usually is."

Where in the world are "teenagers" getting this kind of money to provide this level of service? I wish you all the best, and if you are able to pull it off, more power to you, but you have to remember that many of us live by the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." The ultimate question is: What is in it for you? :confused:

Last edited:
Well Tom isn't a teenager. And that's sort of a foolish statement, becuase you could ask where a thirty year old could get that kind of money as well.

Originally posted by Chris
Well Tom isn't a teenager. And that's sort of a foolish statement, becuase you could ask where a thirty year old could get that kind of money as well.

How is that a foolish statement? How many teenagers, unless they are getting money from rich parents, have the kind of job to supply that kind of income, not to mention the fact that they have school and extra-curricular activites to juggle around? I'm not saying it is impossible, but the odds are working against them and I am curious to know how they can afford to offer so much, when alot of "paid" hosts don't offer what they plan to offer. As I said, if they can do it and make it successful, I say "More power to them!" But at this point, I am skeptical. ;)

Last edited:
Originally posted by BC

How is that a foolish statement? How many teenagers, unless they are getting money from rich parents, have the kind of job to supply that kind of income, not to mention the fact that they have school and extra-curricular activites to juggle around? I'm not saying it is impossible, but the odds are working against them and I am curious to know how they can afford to offer so much, when alot of "paid" hosts don't offer what they plan to offer. As I said, if they can do it and make it successful, I say "More power to them!" But at this point, I am skeptical. ;)

Hey.. I'm 19.. I have access to investors and some cash that was left over from the old Datablocks..

I have been out of school for over 2 years now, and I dont plan on going back.. I have a very good job and several partnerships in other companies..

For the price of the servers and bandwitdh to support them all, its cheap for us... the servers came in at just under $23,000 USD.. the bandwidth is very cheap and it gets cheaper all the time! (less than $5000 / month)

I make enough monthly cash to support datablocks on my own if I had to.. that is if the new marketing plan dont work... which I dont think will happen since we have already tested it on some of our other sites.. and it works great!!

With our experience, funding and gained knowledge, Datablocks will be around to stay!

Also, Datablocks will be fully co-brandable.. If you want to open your own FWP but dont have the cash or resources, we will do it for you for a % of sales.. your site will look like your own..

I think you will all like the new Datablocks..

Thanks for all the praise and comments! its welcomed!

Take Care

John
Datablocks.net

what is the url for this datablocks service...www.datablocks.net does not work for me.

would it be possible for u to allow me to have around 100mb of space...to host my real media files...I am a dj and would like to get my name out there. What is the max amount of space that i can get?

please let me know

be positive, guys!

One thing I've noticed on this board is that people always discourage one another. I mean, someone is trying to give you a good (GREAT) service, then you put them down so easily. Yes, there are a lot of crappy FWP's but DataBlocks as well as NetCabins are not a neophyte in this business. They tried to provide you first class services before. Unfortunately, they didn't succeed in doing so but their back and with them are the lessons they learned earlier.

So what am I trying to say? There are some people who are willing to serve you, but you are constantly bringing them down! Give them a chance! Didn't you discouraged Yupapa before? Look at him now? He is now providing quality service to a lot of people. But some are still trying to put him down and no one can do anything about it. Who knows, these guys (netcabins, datablocks, yupapa, et. al.) may leave you all dumbfounded in the near future.

To the guys who were constantly "harrased" by these people, just go on with your services and continue to serve people. Remember, you can serve more individuals than these so-called net critiques.

Good luck to all of you!

:) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back