• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

US troops shoot women and children.

the washington post article kind of suggests to me they hadn't even put up a sign telling cars to stop? :confused:

To try to prevent a recurrence, Johnson ordered that signs be posted in Arabic to warn people to stop well short of the Bradleys guarding the eastern approach to the intersection. Before they could be erected, 10 people carrying white flags walked down the same road. They were seven children, an old man, a woman and a boy in his teens.

It also quotes 15 people in the car and 10 dead (which is the number that was on the news here too):
Fifteen Iraqi civilians were packed inside the Toyota, officers said, along with as many of their possessions as the jammed vehicle could hold. Ten of them, including five children who appeared to be under 5 years old, were killed on the spot when the high-explosive rounds slammed into their target, Johnson's company reported. Of the five others, one man was so severely injured that medics said he was not expected to live.

Well then there is a news contradiction proving that the media is either overly exposing it...lying or devieving us.

I have heard several reports saying, 7 where injured, or 7 where dead 10 where injured. 15 is the highest report I have heard...and when is the last time you saw 15 people in any toyota?

I don't believe the medfia and I know we aren't stupid enough to JUST SHOOT. There is more to this story, it is sad they died but I am sure we killed them for a reason

The Washington Post reporter was on site though.. he also reported a captain chiding them for firing the warning shots too late.

Originally posted by guitarnerd
I have heard several reports saying, 7 where injured, or 7 where dead 10 where injured. 15 is the highest report I have heard...and when is the last time you saw 15 people in any toyota?
These are two separate incidences...the women and children were in a minibus according to this report:

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6223398%5E25778,00.html

The 15 dead was elsewhere but there is nothing concrete on that as yet.

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6225413%5E25778,00.html

This war is about fear and consumption. The US economy is in the crapper so now they need to bolster it by creating fear. "Sadam is going to nuke US!!!" This would never happen. But B/c The american people have grown up watching News which soul purpose is to insight fear so they react. The more fearfull you are the more you consume. Look at Y2k, everyone built their bombshelters and stocked up on supplies and nothing happened. All the conversations I have had with americans their cheif drive for the war is fear. Then democracy, which is a joke. We have all seen how the US gov instates Dictators.

Originally posted by Jan
Are they going to shoot everyone that approaches the check point *just in case* it is a suicide bomber?
in your liberal mind, of course.

in reality, no. you did read the article and others' comments, didn't you? they were supposed to stop, but didn't. then a warning shot was fired... then they shot at the engine block... and after all that, and with all that's went on in the past year & a half - with phony cab drivers blowing troops up after asking for assistance, iraqi kids & teens being forced to fight against their will to save their families from being murdered, the iraqi republican guard feigning surrender & then opening fire, and iraquis posing as american troops & killing their own people, etc... - you're actually surprised the troops found these people in this car, barrelling through a checkpoint during a time of war, to be a threat? shame on you, jan.

i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were ordered to run through the checkpoint to save having their families murdered or raped by saddam's thugs.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Jan
Seven killed at checkpoint
by accident...

7,000 killed by Saddam with poison gas in 1988
on purpose...

the difference is everything :)

If you don't agree then you have a lack of knowledge...never the less you don't live in the states so your disagreements with my country means poo to me
This is the typical American ignorance and arrogance that make the United States hated by many countries around the world.

Just because we don't agree does not mean we "have a lack of knowledge". We probably have more than you do. It's probably your own stupidity that makes you view things from only one side without even considering another opinion. Without knowing the arguements of both sides, you do not have the right to a stance.

Just because you live in the United States doesn't mean you have the right to disregard the opinions of other nations. Having a large military does not mean you are always right. Rather, it leads to an abuse of power, which we are seeing right now in Iraq. You are displaying the stupidity that led to the Iraqi war: "You don't agree with me, thus I must bomb you." Why don't you go bomb every single country that disagrees with any one tiny little thing the US says?

The rest of the world matters, the US does not rule the world.

We are not abusing our power, Saddam kills people, Americans, Iraqi's it doesn't matter he is a moron. He messed with us once before, we got him back, he agreed to stop and DISARM, he did not, we are taking care of it.

We are defending the world not abusing our power, because if it where up to saddam he WOULD rule the world, that is abusing power and we are taking care of it, because it is a personal offense the the US. If you knew more of what Saddam has done to people you would agree...

for example he made innocent people jump in this grinder thing. And all the people that had to do it prayed they would get pushed in head first so they would die quicker...that is just an example of one thing this sick man has done. I am going to google for the article I read that from...it is a proven fact though

Originally posted by spec
This war is about fear and consumption. The US economy is in the crapper so now they need to bolster it by creating fear. "Sadam is going to nuke US!!!" This would never happen. But B/c The american people have grown up watching News which soul purpose is to insight fear so they react. The more fearfull you are the more you consume. Look at Y2k, everyone built their bombshelters and stocked up on supplies and nothing happened. All the conversations I have had with americans their cheif drive for the war is fear. Then democracy, which is a joke. We have all seen how the US gov instates Dictators.

That is just as ignorant a comment as you would hear from any American. You seriously believe that any person in the U.S. believes a mafia wannabe like Saddam could ever nuke us? C'mon, we're not worried about us, we're worried about the people dying under his cruel thumb.

BTW, I guess it's been proven that Saddam sponsored terrorism....especially since we have now wiped out at least a couple of terrorist training camps in Iraq. They may not have been Binny's camps, but they were still terrorist camps. And this is a war on ALL terrorists and those who support them. That's a good reason for Syria and Iran to be against the current war. They may very well be next if they dont stop supporting terrorists.

Originally posted by Webdude
That is just as ignorant a comment as you would hear from any American. You seriously believe that any person in the U.S. believes a mafia wannabe like Saddam could ever nuke us? C'mon, we're not worried about us, we're worried about the people dying under his cruel thumb.

BTW, I guess it's been proven that Saddam sponsored terrorism....especially since we have now wiped out at least a couple of terrorist training camps in Iraq. They may not have been Binny's camps, but they were still terrorist camps. And this is a war on ALL terrorists and those who support them. That's a good reason for Syria and Iran to be against the current war. They may very well be next if they dont stop supporting terrorists.

Well said

Some of you guys don't understand this isn't about the economy.
When Sadaam invaded Kuwait in the early 90's he tried to take land that didn't belong to him. He agreed to surrender and pull his troops. His surrender was CONDITIONAL. He had to DISARM. He has been playing every card hidden in his dirty sleeve ever since. This war is the resummation of what was agreed to. He knew this would eventually happen if he did not comply. He agreed to these conditions at the end of the Desert Storm conflict.
September 11th was a tragedy and made us think.."Who are terrorist linked to?" Like it or not they have found Al Queda links in Iraq. It is not that we think Sadaam can hit us with a nuke. We are worried about the chemicals he has not accounted for. What if smallpox were to be smuggled into this country. It would only take one suicidal terrorist to infect himself and fly on over. You know that when people layed in bed with smallpox if they turned over they lost skin because it stuck to the sheets?
Most media is a little biased but what makes you believe one countries coverage more than the other?
As far as the sad checkpoint tragedy...they had warning shots fired, they fired into the engine...still no stop. What would you have done knowing that your life could end in moments? Give our soldiers a break they are fighting for their lives out there. Several of you have doubts about the political agenda of the U.S. government, I think that is great it is your freedom to question. That is what makes democratic societies so great.

Attachments

• usaeaglecross.gif
    usaeaglecross.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 20
Like we need you anyway...
err, yes you do. How can you be so ignorant? You need us to justify the war. Now you should rambling on about things you nationalist mind can't handle.

The Unites States could be the crap out of any country in the world if it came down to it.
uhh, no. I would like to see you take on another large nuclear power. That would be an interesting. Seriously, you need to sit down and realize that your not the only important country in the world.

Anyway, I think 9/11 illustrates you can't defend yourself completely. You are still prone to terrorist attacks.

P.S.

Last edited:
9/11 is not a sign of vulnerability...Little things can slip under our fingers. But if anyone tried to send a bomb our way or tried to do any real destruction bigger than that it isn't gonna happen. We have the best defense ever.

Unless you are on our side then to me, you and your country don't matter

You make some strange comments GN :confused2 You think Iraq is on your side? Some maybe but the majority aren't so why do you pretend to care about them and why this war with them?

9/11 is not a sign of vulnerability...Little things can slip under our fingers. But if anyone tried to send a bomb our way or tried to do any real destruction bigger than that it isn't gonna happen. We have the best defense ever.
Your calling 9/11 small? Oh sure, only 3k people died, no biggie right?

what makes you think people won't be able to get a bomb on a plane? They could poison your water. They could do anything. YOU ARE AT RISK.

Even if you do have the best defense ever it won't stop everything

where do you think im from?

call me cynical..but i say the war isn't actually about weapons of mass destruction..that was just a convinient little excuse for US. its actually abt the oil, and the billions they could save from getting it.

:)

I think the war is actually just a lot of little reasons thrown together.. 9/11 shocked people but it also created an immense obsession with/fear of terrorism and the idea that it's possible to defeat terrorism by waging war. I think Israel has clearly shown that violence in response to terror only results in more and bloodier "retribution" on an ever increasing scale without a seemingless end.
The profile of a suicide bomber isn't some clueless, poor and easily influenced peasant like most people assume. It's actually the opposite.. most of them are educated and as such more likely to notice injustice (Note that I'm not justifying terrorism... even if what they perceive as injustice is true, that doesn't give anyone the right to kill another for it, least of all people who aren't to blame) and swayed to take an extreme measure against it.

I'm sure the fact that Iraq can supply the US with a steady flow of oil in the future is a benifit of going to war but it's not a primary reason.
It's not anything as noble as "freeiing the Iraqi people" either since I've been trying to remember what was said months ago but I can't remember either Bush or Blair ever mention that that was a reason to go wipe out Saddam, it's a recent "addition" as far as I know.

Back