• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by conkermaniac

1. conkermaniac

Looking for Cheap, Reliable Host

Hey guys, I'm looking for a webhost of good repute that has been in business for at least 5 years. Please include the obvious big name hosts as well--I've been away from the webhosting world long enough to have forgotten everything I once knew. I'm looking for a package that offers: at...
  2. conkermaniac

Political Compass

I've done this survey so many times, but I figured, what the heck, I'll do it again. And for the first time, I ended up leaning authoritarian for the first time (still a leftist, though). Economic Left/Right: -4.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.31
  3. conkermaniac

What's Up?

Wow, I haven't posted here in forever, but I guess I came just in time to catch this thread. I'm now going to college in the Northeast. Glad to see some familiar faces here after all these years.
  4. conkermaniac

Help! שי-לי פתרונות תוכנה ומחשוב is contacting me!

Does Google have any way of checking to make sure that it really is spam and not some vengeful friend? :S
  5. conkermaniac

Google blacklists BMW.de

Hmm...why would BMW want to boost its rankings? Who doesn't know what a BMW is? :S
  6. conkermaniac

the word: cuisine

Quality food. :) And like our francophone here, Daniel, I also think of kitchen. :p
  7. conkermaniac

Why Would You Do Such A Thing?? WHY??

I am not defending how the Muslim world reacted, but you have to admit what the Europeans did was stupid. They knew this was coming. I don't understand what they were trying to achieve by printing these cartoons. Defending freedom of the press? Considering that you can't talk totally freely...
  8. conkermaniac

Help!

Unfortunately, it's not my government, and I don't think they care what a foreigner has to say. :S
  9. conkermaniac

Yahoo offering domains for $2.99

Aren't they losing money? I thought it cost $6 to register a domain with ICANN. The only way they can hope to see profits is to charge exorbitant renewal fees.
  10. conkermaniac

Help!

I have never heard of such a thing happening. Although their firewall is one of the most sophisticated around, people work around it all the time, and they know that. The firewall is meant to prevent the average Joes--most of whom have no clue what a "proxy" is--from accessing potentially...
  11. conkermaniac

Help!

I can no longer access freewebspace.net without a proxy. I have run a traceroute, and it seems that the connection is being blocked by the gov't. Peo, do you have multiple IP addresses for FWS? Would it be possible to switch to a different IP to avoid the firewall? I don't see any harm in FWS...
  12. conkermaniac

Freaky Webpage Problem

Robert, thanks for your response. I have tried pinging the server, but the HTTP server has always worked fine. It's the HTTPS server that's been giving me problems. How do I ping an HTTPS site?
  13. conkermaniac

Freaky Webpage Problem

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but I live in China. I can access most HTTPS websites just fine. But there is this one website that never seemed to work on IE. I would get a 404 error every time I tried to access it. One day, I decided to access the same site through Firefox. It...
  14. conkermaniac

HUNDFREDS of hosting requests?

Hey Matt! Yeah, I haven't been on this forum in a while, but I dropped by because I needed to e-mail HostUltra about something. But good to see some familiar faces still around these parts. :-)
  15. conkermaniac

HUNDFREDS of hosting requests?

It's not so much an attack as a concerted effort to find a spot on the web where these losers can host their warez. There are many large warez forums in Asia, and yes, members on those forums scout FWS for new hosts that they can abuse. When someone finds it, they post it for all to see. Very...
Back