• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Gay Rights in the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by darkcurves
Pedophilia is common in asia i guess. Thailand girls can get married at the age of 12, IF THEY AGREE.

12?! :confused2

Also, apparently Australia is the world's most 'gay country'. This isnt because there are more gays, but because more gays are 'out of the closet' since its generally a less violent and more caring society compared to other western-world countries. :confused:

Originally posted by TRUNKS
12?! :confused2

Also, apparently Australia is the world's most 'gay country'. This isnt because there are more gays, but because more gays are 'out of the closet' since its generally a less violent and more caring society compared to other western-world countries. :confused:

About 100 years ago, i think it is normal for girls to get married as soon they reach their puberty. My grandmother gave birth to the first child when she was 14 years old. But now, whoever marries a girl below the age of 18 is considered sick. I am one of them.

Originally posted by darkcurves
About 100 years ago, i think it is normal for girls to get married as soon they reach their puberty. My grandmother gave birth to the first child when she was 14 years old. But now, whoever marries a girl below the age of 18 is considered sick. I am one of them.

One of the people who thinks its sick, or one of the people who was married before 18?

Getting back on topic.

I have to agree with conkermaniac, that it should be allowed, and i dont think you can raise a child to be gay.

My brother is gay, and he has had a mom till he was 9, then she died ( yeah, my mom died. yes its okay, dont be sorry ), and then for the rest we had a person to look after us (Au pair), and a loving dad.

There here is however no real sign that there were 2 gays raising a child, and still the child is more attracted to the same sex rather than the opposite sex. So i think its wrong to say that the child would be taught to be gay.

Originally posted by X-Istence
Getting back on topic.

I have to agree with conkermaniac, that it should be allowed, and i dont think you can raise a child to be gay.

My brother is gay, and he has had a mom till he was 9, then she died ( yeah, my mom died. yes its okay, dont be sorry ), and then for the rest we had a person to look after us (Au pair), and a loving dad.

There here is however no real sign that there were 2 gays raising a child, and still the child is more attracted to the same sex rather than the opposite sex. So i think its wrong to say that the child would be taught to be gay.

Ever heard 'Like father,like son'?

Originally posted by tandoc
what a crock of sh!t

if that was the case then there really wouldn't be any gay men

Well, the chances of that kid being a gay is higher. Period. I dont want to get stuck in this kinda long debates. I have been through it and it proves nothing or changes nothing.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Folks...learn English or at least how to use a dictionary:

ho·mo·pho·bi·a n.
1. Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men.
2. Behavior based on such a feeling.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Main Entry: ho·mo·pho·bia
Pronunciation: "hO-m&-'fO-bE-&
Function: noun
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Source: Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary, Eleventh Edition

i dont go by the american society influenced text. i use the real meaning:

homo-the same
phobia-fear

homophobia a portmanteau of homosexual and phobia, meaning same sex fear. same sex hate is not same sex fear.

dont you tell me to learn english.

Mod Edit:: Watch the wording.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like homosexuals who walk around and talk like women wearing I guess what WD refers to "fairy" clothing acting like they are women.

Before you go and get your gay rights panties in a twist and start screaming HOMOPHOBE...

I don't like white guys who walk around with Rocawear and a big fake platinum chain acting like they are black.

Does that mean I fear or hold contempt against every white guy on the planet? Nope.

I don't like the idea of anal sex between to males either...

Calling me a homophobe yet?

Well I don't like the idea of a straight couple using handcuffs and whips then beating each other either to complete some kind of erotic fantasy.

I assure you that I do not fear or hold contempt against straight sex.

I don't like homosexuals who use homophobia as a crutch.

Me a homophobe? Never.

Because I don't like anyone who consistantly uses any aspect of themselves as a crutch. Racism, sexism, bla bla bla. Lifes unfair, so go ahead and cry me a river... Get over it and move on with your life.

My point is, I don't give a flying ---- weather you are gay, straight, bisexual, whatever. I don't like some of the things that people do regardless of what their sexual prefrence is.

Oh yeah, and...

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Replace the two males with two hot lesbian chicks. Would you still be disgusted?

...No, I wouldn't.

You know what, just take everyone's rights away. Then everyone will be back down to the level of the poor single white guy!

If a minority guy, a female, a queer, and a single straight white guy all apply for the same job....and the white is the most educated for that position....what are the chances he will get that job?? Not much of one, I can assure you of that. The employer will be more concerned about the other three suing him if he "doesnt" hire them.

Ok, thats it! I'm sick of this. All the poor single straight white men join my cause and let's march on Washington for our rights!!! We should be considered a minority too!

Originally posted by Webdude
You know what, just take everyone's rights away. Then everyone will be back down to the level of the poor single white guy!

If a minority guy, a female, a queer, and a single straight white guy all apply for the same job....and the white is the most educated for that position....what are the chances he will get that job?? Not much of one, I can assure you of that. The employer will be more concerned about the other three suing him if he "doesnt" hire them.

Ok, thats it! I'm sick of this. All the poor single straight white men join my cause and let's march on Washington for our rights!!! We should be considered a minority too!
where i live the single straight white guy would get the job. i live in a very small white conservative town. i get looks and comments just for being a guy and having long hair. tho overall, i think the idea that minorities get all these breaks when it comes to jobs is more of a stereotype than anything else. i don't live in a big city but i just don't see it happening or hear about it happening to anyone i know, and i know ppl all over america and canada. minorties take all the shitty jobs most ppl wouldn't do for the most part. but i do agree that the 'affirmative action' thing is retarded and is prejudice in itself.

Since I forgot to put a smiley, I just hope everyone realizes I was joking about marching a cause into Washington :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jason
but i do agree that the 'affirmative action' thing is retarded and is prejudice in itself.

If I was part of a minority, I would be INSULTED by affirmative action.

"We're gonna help you out because you're a _______"

That to me is like saying, "Well we feel sorry for you and we're going to give you a hand because you're inferior and need it".

But your not a poor single straight white male...or are you? :biggrin2:

Originally posted by 7trax

homo-the same
phobia-fear

homophobia a portmanteau of homosexual and phobia, meaning same sex fear. same sex hate is not same sex fear.
[/B]
Aha! So you are analyzing the word from a literal standpoint. Well, FYI, the prefix homo- means nothing more than "the same". If we analyze the word piece by piece without using the "american society influenced text", then we are to assume that this word has no connections with homosexuality whatsoever. Therefore, homophobia really means "fear of the same". :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Daniel
But your not a poor single straight white male...or are you? :biggrin2:

Yeah I'm straight and white. I'm poor because my wife controls all my money ....

If a minority guy, a female, a queer, and a single straight white guy all apply for the same job....and the white is the most educated for that position....what are the chances he will get that job??
You can only wish that were true. Affirmative action aside, if a white is as qualified as a black person, they will be hired 9 times out of 10. And if they're more qualified and better educated? More like 99 times out of 100. Because of affirmative action the black person now actually has a shot at getting a job. In some cases, blacks who are less qualified than a white do end up getting a position, reminding us that affirmative action needs to be tweaked from time to time. And if you're an open homosexual? You can pretty much forget about getting a job -- no boss would actually want a homosexual in their offices, except one that is extremely qualified. The fact is that there is still a lot of discrimination in America, and you would have to be blind not to see it. And even so, there have been relatively few lawsuits, in comparison to the discrimination minorities suffer at job applications.

Originally posted by 7trax

homo-the same
phobia-fear

dont you tell me to learn english.

Mod Edit:: Watch the wording.

Conker may be stupid but you have no rights to call all Chinese stupid. Please respect other races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back