• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Geekrack Is Back!!! Take Cover!

The main layout with coding I have, Justin has and Skylar has. But the databases etc only belonged to one person, Shequeita herself.

So i was right, its GeekRacks lame --- attempt to pretend they are not GeekRacks???

Some people, are you complete idiots? its not php its html, are you blind?

Search for
inurl:uk2web.net/forums/

in google you will see that it ends in .html

:beer:

It obviously contained a full operational copy of the vB forum

Decker, the stuff i sent to Jason does NOT include the db backup or the forum. as you can see in the screen shot, the file named "backup-2.3.2008_10-58-33_thephoen.tar.gz" is not included in the zip file i sent him. that particular zip file does have the db, but, as you can see, it was not sent to Jason, and therefor uk2web did not get it from me or Jason for that matter.

grZipSS.jpg

Decker, the stuff i sent to Jason does NOT include the db backup or the forum. as you can see in the screen shot, the file named "backup-2.3.2008_10-58-33_thephoen.tar.gz" is not included in the zip file i sent him. that particular zip file does have the db, but, as you can see, it was not sent to Jason, and therefor uk2web did not get it from me or Jason for that matter.

grZipSS.jpg

Anybody can remove stuff from the archive and pull a screenshot...

You have all forgot the fact that THIS WASNT JASON SO IT WASNT MCT that was the reason this site was up.
Putting aside anything MCT said about selling the design (It has been worked out it had nothing to do with uk2web anyway)
the question still lays on if this is the same scammer that was running geekrack..
BTW: You all still talk about "it" as a she, did anyone ever talk to "her"

I think that given the information that we have we can safely rule that it is highly likely to be Shequeita. If we can get Jan to do a trace on the uk2web account to see if the location is correct, we can develop further conclusions maybe? CnR, both I and Justin have spoken to Shequeita over the phone many of times during the Geek Rack days. She did sound like a very nice person over the phone :( But she turned out as the total opposite.

If we can get Jan to do a trace on the uk2web account to see if the location is correct, we can develop further conclusions maybe?

SC-Daniel said:
I wonder if Jan or one of the other mods looked at the IP that uk2web was posting from to see if it was even in the UK.

Jan said:
Of course I looked and it isn't ;)

So we know that the person running uk2web isn't located in the UK... I wonder where exactly they are located though :confused4

Think that's what we need to find out to settle this, needs a proper geographical tracert to narrow it down to a city then we should be able to say with about 99% certainty ...

And MCT, I'm getting confused about who did what to who with what and for how much!!!

Search for

That kind of attitude is what gets people banned around here. :devious2:

I think it is the vBSEO Daniel, as any links hovered over presented the php link in the status bar, and Google was able to spider it as such (e.g. forumdisplay1158.html?f=9) hang on this forums shortening the link I'm trying to post in brackets, how would that happen :p

http://www.******.net/forums/forumdisplay1158.html?f=9 is missing about 38 characters spooky :D

Last edited:
Look, we dont have any database, the posts are .html pages. No vBulletin software or anything ok... it came with the download my mistake for not deleting it. There is no config.php or anything as such, vB works of database, and their is none its all .html files...

All we have is the template.
No Client details or files, no vbulletin database, no client database only the theme.... :tired2:

Is this to hard to understand?

We first got a e-mail from ToxicHost.co.uk saying that they just bought all of the geekrack stuff and asking us to remove the template, they included the same screenshot of the non-functional forums, the same screenshot that the other person posted, you should be more worried about them having some sort of database.

Search for

If it was HTML, then bring it all back up then rather then pulling it down and claiming it was.

Why would a 'host' not know not to upload html pages of a capture of a vB install?

I'm veering towards Shaky being back in disguise.

Go on Jan just this once break the rules and let us have the IP :D

Look, all i used is the template, is that so hard to believe? if you look at the source code is says "HTTrack Website Copier" i no longer have the fourms i have removed it all, i nerver had any database anyway seeing that it was .html code with no config or database....

Im not shakita or what ever her name is...
is this what normaly happens when someone uses a template they have downloaded?.....

It's all been said really ...

Except, it wouldn't have to be a working forum backup to appear to be a working forum. wget can achieve the same results with a recursive download, it would take a hell of a long time to make, but would work, so would images, so would links, and it would explain hard coded links because vB ( look at the source of this page ) outputs relative links, where humans that write menu's probably don't ...

If anyone had logged into the forum, gotten an xml feed, or could see recent posts, then maybe there was a database, but if no one done any of those things and it just appeared to be a normal forum that browses properly that actually doesn't mean anything ..

Back