• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

source4webmaster.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by M Elliot

As for the 'support programs' those are needed basically to pay for the site. Once it gets going it shouldn't need as many, and will end up probably not needing them at all. Of course it's all down to choice, whether you would like to have to spend an hour signing up for programs, or pay $100-$200 for the same quality hosting.
]

$100-200 is maybe what you hope to get for all those signups. It's hardly what we would have to pay for the same "quality" hosting.
You must learn the difference between debit and credit, Mark. :D

Re: Re: Re: Not a scam?

Originally posted by TheWizard
The responce I got when I said I already signed up for the programs was some like that:
You're bullshitting me. You haven't signed up for that
I guess that can't be an auto-responder...
Hey, who knows, maybe that's just what the auto-responder was configured to say! :D

Last edited:
How can you say the service is a scam???
I use my site with them!

http://ffpagoda.source4webmasters.com

And I find them very good to use! They're helpful amoung other things!
So I don't know what you're talking about!

They said they'd host my site, I signed up for the 10 things, tol them which things I signed up for, and then E-mailed my FTP details and all to admin@source4webmasters.com and it was done!
So I don't see what your fuss is about!
I get barely any spam from the affiliates! And what I get I just delete!
Their service is really one of the best!!

wow, this service is looking even more promising now. the service is so great i get a forbidden are when i try to go to your site :rolleyes:

Well, if you look at the subject, you will notice that there's a letter of a difference between the two urls. Then again, I can't connect to the server @ source4webmaster.com, compared to the forbidden notice @ source4webmasters.com.

Originally posted by Anjay
How can you say the service is a scam???
I use my site with them!
What a coincidence that you signed up for this forum just now! Amazing! :D :rolleyes:

...totally wrong...

1 - First it's not a scam !!!
2- Second all he does is ask you to sign up to affilates to pay the host...
3-He told me the servers down today and hopefully will be back up soon. I had my site hosted there and it was good. I know a lot of us had sites there. I think there was about 30 of us. When he had forums it was even cooler. I was there from the beginning of the site...:eek:

How could it be a scam?

Someone is kind enough to give away free web space, without banners. No-one has been signing up with the affiliate programs, so they have been forced to make people sign up for them to cover their expenses.

This doesn't sound that unreasonable!

:mad:

They don't force you to sign up. They just suggest it. My friend had an account too and he didnt sign up for any of them. He was just a nice guy.

LMAO at all you ignorant people

You all just annoyed because you didnt get accepted
i can spend half a hour explaining the good points about S4W.com
but i'll break it down for you
they DO NOT force you to sign up for anything, you do that of your own accord, even if you do sign up, it is YOUR choice on how many to sign up for

You seem to be complaining about S4W and forgetting the fact that it is a FREE service, how else do you think it can remain free?

Their technical support is first class, quickest i've ever had, e-mails are replied to in less than a hour!

If you want to complain then why dont you all just go and pay $100 a month for the same service?

Stop bitching and give the man a break

I'd like to see any of YOU lot doing the same

Re: ...

Originally posted by Logik
They don't force you to sign up. They just suggest it. My friend had an account too and he didnt sign up for any of them. He was just a nice guy.
Oh yeah? So why was I rejected because he claims that I didn't sign up for these programs?
IT'S A SCAM!!!:mad:

Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by TheWizard

Oh yeah? So why was I rejected because he claims that I didn't sign up for these programs?
IT'S A SCAM!!!:mad:

Well you sound like a whining bitch, guess they dont like jackasses that moan all the time,

maybe you should contact the admin if you like to bitch so much
admin@source4webmasters.com

People keep telling me to be careful of what I say, but I can't help it. The people are making me say rude and horrid things to them, they're physically making me!

This is not a scam, and it was not a coninsidence that I signed up meow.

I think this is one of the best servers! Although today it was down, servers are allowed to be down at certain times are they not?
You shouldn't say anything if you don't have proof. And I have plenty of proof that this server is the best FREE one out there, it has over 30 happy customers, and what more can you ask for? It's not its fault that it's down today, it's Source4Webmasters hosts fault.

And who has real proof that it's a scam eh, no one exactly! My point proven! And to the last posters poster, it's because only afew people actually give the money so he selected the list and only the ones from the new list works.

Plus those signup things/places are a load of crap, I was doing research with some of my friends today, about those affiliate things (some on Source4Webmasters, and plenty of others), and most of them give you the money for afew weeks, then cut off the account, and leave you thinking the account is still open when it was cancelled and making you wonder why no one signs up or clicks on banners. This could have happened but it may have not. But this is what actually happens with most banner places, so this may be the reason of him not knowing you signed up. I personally don't know the FULL length story so I can't say. But I can say of what I know.

Originally posted by Truth
LMAO at all you ignorant people

You all just annoyed because you didnt get accepted
i can spend half a hour explaining the good points about S4W.com
but i'll break it down for you
they DO NOT force you to sign up for anything, you do that of your own accord, even if you do sign up, it is YOUR choice on how many to sign up for

You seem to be complaining about S4W and forgetting the fact that it is a FREE service, how else do you think it can remain free?

Their technical support is first class, quickest i've ever had, e-mails are replied to in less than a hour!

If you want to complain then why dont you all just go and pay $100 a month for the same service?

Stop bitching and give the man a break

I'd like to see any of YOU lot doing the same

This is what I get in my email when I first sign up:

Congratulations, you have been accepted into being hosted by
Source4Webmasters.com. We would appreciate your help in supporting us,
if you havn't done so already, by signing-up for the free stuff found
at http://source4webmasters.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=46
(You're supposed to sign up for Ten of those Program before we give you
your FTP and subdomain)

-------------

Do you understand English??? Do you know how to read??? They do force you to sign up for 10 affiliates before they can host your site. So yes, they do FORCE you to sign up for the affiliate programs.

Why is it a SCAM??? Let me answer that. It is a scam because people sign up for the affiliate programs (at least 10 of them) and then the people at S4W don't set up for the account. You said that is is FREE, but you are forgetting that people are taking the time to sign up with the affiliate programs, earning some money for S4W, and receive a whole bunch of junk mails, and get nothing in return. That is why it is a SCAM. You take the money earned from other people signing up and run with that money to support your webhosting. NOW do you understand why it is a SCAM!!!!

yeah anjay good point, how many free hosts can you name that offers the same services?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Exactly! NONE

they do not make you sign up for anything, its just appreciated if you do

this site is full of hypocrites, freewebspace....yet you still moan about little petty things, do you expect twin p3 servers, a billion trillin bandwidth and space all served on a plate?

pathetic fools

Ok -- It is saying we suggest you support us, and in exchange by supporting us we provide you with hosting...note that we are not forcing you to do anything. You chose to sign up for those programs to recieve a benefit in doing so, not the word CHOSE. That means that you yourself made the decision to do so.

Also, nobody forced you to do anything like use your main mail account. There was no reason for you not to sign up for a hotmail account and sign up for the support programs using that, that's what i would do.

And PROOF THAT IT IS NOT A SCAM, the following sites are or are in the process of being hosted: (not they are the first part to the subdomains...so it would be the following SITE.source4webmasters.com)

idream
lyricalwarzone
squaregamers
tukang
pokemon
hardewaren
freestylerex
poo
securegeek
infotech
mcsheep
burnersparadise
kaoru
gab1982
juniormx
rpgnebula
nemohackers
visualdev
teen2k
ultimate
blinkone8two
caliloveboard
liverclubs
gmek
gamehq
eprod
logik
tutorials
gamersdream
ffpagoda
rapzone
----end of list----

For those of you who didn't know, it is www.source4webmasters.com -- please realise it does have an s.

If you think it's a scam then don't sign up, it's your choice, and frankly, the bandwidth would better go to somebody more appreciative and less acusative.

I hope we've managed to change your mind about what S4W really is, if we havn't I am deeply sorry for you.
-Mark

Originally posted by curiousity

This is what I get in my email when I first sign up:

Congratulations, you have been accepted into being hosted by
Source4Webmasters.com. We would appreciate your help in supporting us,
if you havn't done so already, by signing-up for the free stuff found
at http://source4webmasters.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=46
(You're supposed to sign up for Ten of those Program before we give you
your FTP and subdomain)

-------------

Do you understand English??? Do you know how to read??? They do force you to sign up for 10 affiliates before they can host your site. So yes, they do FORCE you to sign up for the affiliate programs.

Why is it a SCAM??? Let me answer that. It is a scam because people sign up for the affiliate programs (at least 10 of them) and then the people at S4W don't set up for the account. You said that is is FREE, but you are forgetting that people are taking the time to sign up with the affiliate programs, earning some money for S4W, and receive a whole bunch of junk mails, and get nothing in return. That is why it is a SCAM. You take the money earned from other people signing up and run with that money to support your webhosting. NOW do you understand why it is a SCAM!!!!

Well I know people haven't signed up and have been accepted. It says supposed to meaning they would like. You can take anything and make it prove what you want. I have hosting and so do over 30 others so I really don't feel scammed. I can see where you're coming from cuz you didn't get your FTP up, but if you just thank the guy you'll be surprised what happens. They do have to pay the bills somehow. I had my UBB up yesterday and it works great. Fast too

I don't know how you can say they force, since I know people that haven't signed up for the Affiliate programs and so does Logik, therefor it cannot be forced

It comes down to if you want to be nice and thankful or be a Jackass and pay $100. I would rather be nice but its your choice. Im sure if you email Jim he would look at your situation and set it up. Cj logs are slow sometimes. I'm a member of CJ myself (that's what he uses) and sometimes they don't show up for a week.

Originally posted by Truth

Well I know people haven't signed up and have been accepted. It says supposed to meaning they would like. You can take anything and make it prove what you want. I have hosting and so do over 30 others so I really don't feel scammed. I can see where you're coming from cuz you didn't get your FTP up, but if you just thank the guy you'll be surprised what happens. They do have to pay the bills somehow. I had my UBB up yesterday and it works great. Fast too

I don't know how you can say they force, since I know people that haven't signed up for the Affiliate programs and so does Logik, therefor it cannot be forced

It comes down to if you want to be nice and thankful or be a Jackass and pay $100. I would rather be nice but its your choice. Im sure if you email Jim he would look at your situation and set it up. Cj logs are slow sometimes. I'm a member of CJ myself (that's what he uses) and sometimes they don't show up for a week.

First, the word "suppose" does not mean "optional." I understand that a web host has to generate money to survive. That is general knowledge. So I don't mind taking the time to sign up the affiliates and generate some income for S4W. BUT what PISSED ME OFF is the fact that they send me an email back saying that I did not sign-ups. They are accusing me of not signing up at least 10 when I infact did sign up. The feeling of being falsely accused is not good. For instance, you said that you have about 30 people hosted by you and people here said that you are a SCAM, and you don't like it because you feel that you have been falsely accused. So why did you go and accused other of not signing up for the affiliate programs. You got a taste of your own medicine and now you don't like it. You keep saying that it is just optional to sign up for the affiliate programs, and some even said that some people got the account activated without even fulfilling the 10 affilitate sign-ups. THIS IS AGAIN NOT FAIR!...because some people like me took the time to sign up for the affiliate programs, being wrongly accused of not signing up, and got nothing in return. You said that the comissionjuction.com delay the stats on the sign-ups, then why don't S4W tell you that instead of accusing you of not signing up?

Ovbiously this whole thing is a huge misunderstanding. If you have signed up for the programs, email a composite email to mark@source4webmasters.com. Unfortunately the site is down today, and the mailservers are out but I will check once they are back up. Once we've verified you really have signed up then we will set up your account.

The difference is that we did not say we would provide hosting without verification of you signing up for programs, whereas you claimed you signed up for programs and simply expected hosting, the difference is that we did not say something and then not hold true to it.

I notice that source4webmasters.com is hosted by lexton.net. So when Lexton.net is down. You are also down. Right now your hosting is down and so is Lexton.net.

Does this mean that you buy the hosting account from Lexton.net and then turn around and host other sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back