• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. N

Looking for a logo...

I'm starting a website called PrisonVoices, and I'm looking for a logo for it. I haven't posted on FWS in like, 5 years (took a prison vacation), and I remember back in the old days, people would ask others for graphics, templates, logos, etc for their site in exchange for some kind of...
  2. N

HaveSite.com dead?

I just took a look atmy site hosted there and it was inaccessible, and apparently their main site was wiped, and all hosting accounts gone. Anyone else have a site there? Any word on what happened to em?
  3. N

Are free hosts dying?!

I was a web guru turned newb' after a 2 year hiatus offline, and coming back, looking for some places to stick a simple site, and all those places I remember having free sites are all paid-only now. Or is it just me?!? I remember when I didn't need any frills, it was FreeServers -- paid only...
  4. N

Free High-Quality PHP Scripts

One or two of you might remember from two years ago or more that I had offered some free and purchased PHP scripts on my site, NukedWeb. After my two-year sabbatical from the internet, I decided to come back to (among other reasons) create a simple, small site to give away some of those scripts...
  5. N

Free PHP Script: ForumHost

Just about an hour ago I released my latest script -- this time for free. :) Since it's not listed on HotScripts yet, I'd like to give you all first grabs at it... From my site: You can find the download links, features list, and demo at http://www.nukedweb.com/phpscripts/forumhost.php :)...
  6. N

Beta-Test a Forum Hosting Service

I'm currently developing a free forum hosting service, and as I finish it off I'd like to ask some of you to try it out and let me know what isn't working. :) After 3 days of work, it's in working condition (which isn't saying much!) so I'm ready to have a few people try it out and see what I...
  7. N

Good affiliate program for domain regs?

I just set up a site that displays recently expired domains, and now that it's done, I'm looking to incorporate a decent domain registration affiliate program into it. Would anyone have any to recommend? Preferrably one that has the cheapest prices/compared to best commission? And reliable...
  8. N

Something every website needs?

For the past 2 months I've been writing PHP scripts that I've been selling on my website. 20-something scripts later, I've been just scraping along on ideas for stuff to make. So my big question is.... What's something that every website needs? :) I'd prefer ideas of something I can sell...
  9. N

URL Forwarding -- your domain, I host it.

Here's an idea I came up with but wasn't too sure if it would work. After playing around a bit, I found out it's possible for me to do this, and I'd like some feedback if possible. =) In the next few days I'll be setting up a (subdomain) URL Forwarding service, you.yxy.us or you.xlr.us -- but...
  10. N

The Secret behind Google Revealed!

I've read a bit of the "Behind Google" stuff and concluded they do seem to have an odd, slightly warped sense of humor. That's fine! They know how to do business, with a person touch...but! Is this one of their inside-jokes, or a deeply-hidden metaphor? I have yet to read past the second...
  11. N

URL Fwding Domain Suggestions?

I'm trying to pick out 2 or 3 .US domain names to use for subdomain redirection. (Running one, not signing up for one). Anyone wanna help me pick some out? :D Preferrably either 3-letter acronyms, or 3/4-letter words. ;) You can check if they're available at www.godaddy.com unless you know of a...
  12. N

Buying "Refurbished" Hardware

Have any of you ever had a bad experience with buying "refurbished" hardware? I ask because I'm buying yet another laptop hard drive from newegg.com, and $60 for an 80-gig is hard to pass up. Then again, I seem to have bad luck with laptop hard drives. This'll make #3! Any bad experiences...
  13. N

From vBulletin to Invision

I've just converted my existing vB over to Invision....well, of course their were problems -- only 8 of the 24 members were transferred. ughh... but that's not why I'm here. =) My question is...what other tiny, seemingly insignificant diferences are there between Invision and vB? I'd just rather...
  14. N

Win Free PHP Scripts from NukedWeb

http://www.snipples.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1
  15. N

Trade for some webspace...

I have a website, Snipples Webcam Community, that I had been running for almost a year. About a month ago, I had to take it down because it was getting to be just too popular for me to afford the bandwidth to keep it going. The last month it was up, it used 10 gigs for that month. That may have...
  16. N

Still waiting for it...

I dunno about the rest of you, but when it's 20 degrees outside, I expect snow on the ground. No, actually I demand it! Winter is a very dreary and depressing time of year for me. In Michigan anyways. The only thing that keeps me from stabbing myself in the eyeballs, is snow. Snow is quite...
  17. N

Run your own free guestbook service (PHP)

GuestBookHost allows you to start your own free guestbook service for you to offer to other webmasters. Other webmasters can sign up to your service, get the HTML code for their guestbook, view the stats, set the colors for their guestbook, and users can log in later to edit these settings...
  18. N

Free MySQL Hosting Again...

Well, I got my cable modem back up and running, and the site is back up :D If any of you are interested, the URL is below: http://mysql.nukedweb.com/
  19. N

SearchFeed vs. RevenuePilot

Imagine this if you will. I have a website, www.snipples.com - that runs both afore-mentioned services. With RP, I've made $1.30. SearchFeed: $20. The results from a search are "intertwined" as not to put one set of results ahead of another. They're all seamless integrated into each other...
  20. N

Free Blogger Script

Some people in other forums on here had mentioned before about a blogger script. Well, I just spent the last few hours making "SquawkBox". If you have a PHP-enabled website, you may want to check this out, and don't worry about MySQL, it reads messages from a flat text file. :) Here's the...
Back